$1 thank you
$5 digital copy of 5
$10 hard signed copy of 5 + poster
$25 digital copy of 1-4
$50 hard signed copy of 1-4 + poster + thank you
$500 Namora Kickstarter exclusive piece
$1000 Arkhalla 4 Kickstarter exclusive piece
$1500 VIP dinner for 2 with Arahom + Studio Tour

And issues 6 & 7 should have been stretch goals. ARH really does need to hire me!!!!

I couldn't make head or tails of their rewards and they opened it for US residents only...not a smart move.
Marcel54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:18 AM   #102
dao2
Cyclops

i don't think their ks is gonna go well ><
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:25 AM   #103
SAB380
The X-Men

So printing and shipping is killing them?
As I've said before, switch to Comixology and digital only.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:17 AM   #104
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
i don't think their ks is gonna go well ><
I agree. It's like 2 days in and they have not even reached 1% of their goal. I'm not sure Arahom did his research on KS. This is reflected a bit in the rewards.

He has a fairly large fan base via his statues, he should have targeted his rewards with these people in mind, so that they would have provided a core group of supporters to get the ball rolling with pledges. Then other ks people would have felt more comfortable pledging funds.

Worse yet I fear us the product itself. I have read issues 1-4. I buy the comics to support ARH comics (25%), to have a collectible item to go along with my statue (25%), because they are cheap and give me something to read on my breaks at work (25%), because I like the art (15%) and because I like the story (10%).

I think Arahom is pushing this series as a deep, involved love story and it just doesn't succeed in this area. There isn't enough back story for you to build a connection between and of the characters in the story and as things unfold the story seems a little obvious.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Arkhallas first comic line should have been a 3-5 book series and it should have been all about her being a ruthless, headless vampire queen that crushed people, ate them and had sex. It should have been 50% sex, 40% violence/horror and 10% story. When you finished the last issue the reader should really have a pretty bad opinion of Arkhalla and not like her or Bel or vampires in general one little bit. That would have been a good backdrop for the current story theme.

I just hope at the end of the current series her human lover dies and they rethink the entire Arkhalla concept for the next series. They need to stop pushing this whole original star crossed lovers thing. There's nothing original about a first of its kind vampire origins story who falls for a human. That's Dracula. They need to embrace the stuff that sells statues for them, sex and violence and then build a story about that.

Sorry for going on so long....
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:13 AM   #105
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
So printing and shipping is killing them?
As I've said before, switch to Comixology and digital only.
I actually just watched the Kickstarter video clip... I wasn't able to do that earlier. Looks to me like they don't really need the cash as much as the exposure. It's more like advertising for them I guess.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:24 AM   #106
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The statue fans and the comics fans of ARH don't mix well except a few.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:26 AM   #107
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

And I'm also worrying if this move shows the state of ARH financial problems and the future of the company!
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #108
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
And I'm also worrying if this move shows the state of ARH financial problems and the future of the company!
I don't think it does. I think the statue aspect of the business is doing just fine. I don't think Arahom is setting the world on fire, but he's not going bankrupt either.

I think his main goal is to get the name of the comic out there and get some more eyes on the series. Unfortunately, he's only got three backers ATM on kickstart which I know must be pretty dissapointing considering the time and effort it must have taken to set up that ad.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:50 PM   #109
A R E S
The Spirit

I also think i wasn't the most brilliant idea to post a long rant against their costumers on facebook and a little later want them to spend money. I don't think that approach is the best way to do such a thing.

Although he can argue that the rant wasn't against his customers, it was at the core about the better styro and even as a supportive buyer i expected better styro with every statue and it never came. Although Arahom had promised it, i had to learn from Arahom that i am bad for expecting something he himself promised for ages ago.

It is hard and annoying to buy something from their homepage, especially comics, because of their shop system and even the most start up shops tend to have a shop system which is miles better.

I also think he should have gone only digital to lower the costs, complete the story and then offer a complete hardcover of the whole story for the collector who wants to have it displayed next to the statues. With a compelling story, hardcover and good binding he would have had a fairly huge fan base because of the statues and could have asked a price for this special hardcover which covers the costs while being profitable.
A R E S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #110
The13thWarlock

Those are all good points and I think pretty accurate for the most part. I especially agree with the hard cover books. I would definitely have liked to have one of those for display purposes.