Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #41
Caveman
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I've been a loner with my addiction for years and years. My wife understands it, but only from a distance. I have my study and that's where I keep my things. My best friend from years ago shared my passion but he died much too young while still in Grad-School. I still buy an extra movie ticket to comics based movies in his honor. We used to talk as teens on what the possibility of them ever actually making a Daredevil, Spiderman, Batman or X-Men movie. My teen will go to the occasional con with me but is far from a nut about comics like I am, even though she can talk circles around her peers on X-men, Batman, Marvel etc...She still is addicted to our PS2 Marvel Alliance game so I'm quite geek-proud of her. My 2 younger are exposed daily but, so far none are reading comics. (my 6 year old is an Ultra-Man freak which is promising)
I've always hit comic and sci-fi cons alone. When I'm able to hit a big con, I'm gonna look some of you bastaches up. I was taking the subway to small cons alone back when I was 13 (met Gil Kane at one of them). I can count on one hand how many comic fans I've just run into over the years outside of a fan event.

This is cool. Sorry about this great loss.
Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:29 AM   #42
polystoner
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Is that why you're art director no more?
lol . I used to call them "client" meetings or "plant" visits.

Actually it's the whole management game, now I'm running operations so, I'm pretty far from art production now. Miss the creativity, but like the management money better.

I'm sure Sideshow likes my management money better too.

About the only truly creative thing I do now is design the company t-shirts.
polystoner is offline   Reply With Quote