Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-17-2019, 02:23 PM   #2301
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
On the subject of portraits, i exchanged some emails sometime ago with the Russian sculptor, just to express my thoughts as to how good the piece looked. At the time the sculptor mentioned they had sculpted two portraits from the outset (at the request of Sideshow). Her words to describe the two portraits were 'European' and 'Asian'. The reasoning behind creating two portraits was to give Sideshow a choice. As we know, given what was shown at a Con, Sideshow went with the European portrait first. Sadly Sideshow had a rethink after taking on board negative feedback. My guess is, if Sideshow had shown the Asian portrait first, the feedback would have been even more negative, and possibly Sideshow would have gone with the Asian portrait.
This part is infuriating lol, so she said and is confirming this?
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:25 PM   #2302
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
LOL I said that a long time ago that both were going to be offered and the good one was nixed because of all the tranny comments.

Oh well, it's too late now. All we can do is hope XM does one that doesn't look like an alien.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:33 PM   #2303
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
LOL I said that a long time ago that both were going to be offered and the good one was nixed because of all the tranny comments.

Oh well, it's too late now. All we can do is hope XM does one that doesn't look like an alien.
Saddens me everytime i hear it, this is the first i'm hearing it said from the sculptor though.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:33 PM   #2304
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Exclamation

Alright everyone, let’s keep it respectful. I’m done with the insults being hurled at one another in these X-Men threads. Next time I see one I’ll be issuing a ban.

Thundercats-NO, once again you’re walking a thin line. If you can’t have a civil discussion without insulting people while debating opposing views then I suggest refraining altogether. And enough with the endless double posts!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:34 PM   #2305
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Saddens me everytime i hear it, this is the first i'm hearing it said from the sculptor though.
The worst part is, they were probably coming from people who had no intention of buying it anyways.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:42 PM   #2306
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
And enough with the endless double posts!
You realize no one is intentionally double posting, right?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:45 PM   #2307
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
No

Sadly Sideshow had a rethink after taking on board negative feedback
This is something that came about after Sideshow first showed Psylocke PF at a Con. This is something we know only as the result of post's here on StatueForum (assumptions have been made). What was discussed at Sideshow HQ we will never know.

All the sculptor said was she supplied two versions of a portrait, European and Asian, to give Sideshow a choice, as requested by Sideshow. It (the email) was all positive. I don't want to get the sculptor into trouble, or prevent them from getting more work in the future. For the record, the sculptor said very little
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #2308
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Alright everyone, let’s keep it respectful. I’m done with the insults being hurled at one another in these X-Men threads. Next time I see one I’ll be issuing a ban.

Thundercats-NO, once again you’re walking a thin line. If you can’t have a civil discussion without insulting people while debating opposing views then I suggest refraining altogether. And enough with the endless double posts!

Please do that next time someone uses the derogatory term for a transgender person.

I’ll be sure to report it.
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:29 PM   #2309
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The worst part is, they were probably coming from people who had no intention of buying it anyways.
Yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
No

Sadly Sideshow had a rethink after taking on board negative feedback
This is something that came about after Sideshow first showed Psylocke PF at a Con. This is something we know only as the result of post's here on StatueForum (assumptions have been made). What was discussed at Sideshow HQ we will never know.

All the sculptor said was she supplied two versions of a portrait, European and Asian, to give Sideshow a choice, at requested by Sideshow. It (the email) was all positive. I don't want to get the sculptor into trouble, or prevent them from getting more work in the future. For the record, the sculptor said very little
Gotcha
Old 06-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #2310
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I just want a portrait that looks like Psylocke. I am not obsessed about race, categories, labels, etc.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote