Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 01-17-2008, 03:51 AM   #1
Hellz Manik
Death is hereditary.

Regular Ryu Statue review (Jerry M)

Howdy Folks, its that time again, and yes i have been gone for a while. Time to do these reviews again, as you well know i use my famous richter scale, 1 or 10 nothing in between, 10 being the highest!!!

Package: I got my package delivered by fedex and its pretty huge. Opened up the box and two thick foams with the statue inside, tape wrapped all around. Once you opened it up, the statue is wrapped in plastic.

Package:10

Appearance/1st reaction: Once i opened up this figure i though...MAN THIS IS GOING TO BE TIIIGHT!!!,keep in mind looking at it from the back and since im a face person, turn it around and....BAM!!! the old fork in the eye, a perfect face!!! once again folks keep in mind that the face is what makes the statue!!...for example there is not one decent punisher statue out there!!! Never the less the muscle is highly defined and it shows that he is ready to give you a mean dragon puch to the neck.

Appearance/1st reaction:10

Clothing: Ryu's clothes is a thin white fabric, wrapped around in a kind of thick black belt. Everything was was cut to show his muscular definition. Now the bandana, has some wires inside of it, so you can twist it around and so forth. NOW KEEP THIS IN MIND, ONCE YOU PULL THE BANDANA OUT OF HIS HAND IT MIGHT BE A BIT DIFFICULT TO PUT IT THROUGH HIS HAND. Fortunately for me it was kind of easy, for others not so much. NEver the less rating......

Clothing:10

Position: pose him in any direction and he looks fantastic, front, side, backwards, you name it. Now some may not like his position, but keep this in mind that before he fights he ties his bandana...FREAKING SWEET!!!! now he is about 18-19 inches so find a place to put him and make it count. Also the base is black about two inches wide

Position:10

Face: His Face is perfect , glowing eyes beautiful matching paint and eye brows. He does give the impression that he is ready to give you a tatsukyakpuka kick!! (hurricane). Lips, ears, everything perfect!!!

Face: 10

First sorry for the camera i will buy a new one!!Overall this is a wonderful masterpiece and i am really really glad i got it!!! i was going to do a review on evil ryu but its posted on there!! thats awesome as well!! So remember what made the combo system....Street Fighter and what color was ryu..white!!! Until next time ...wait check out my final fantasy cloud figure review 18 inch YIKES!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
PICT0641.JPG   PICT0642.JPG   PICT0643.JPG   PICT0644.JPG   PICT0645.JPG  

PICT0649.JPG   PICT0650.JPG   PICT0647.JPG  
Hellz Manik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

I dont favor the 1 or 10 rating, too gray for me. Cool pix though
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:07 AM   #3
Hellz Manik
Death is hereditary.

Its weird I cant seem to give anything either a 7 or a 10. Its either they got it or they dont, but about the punisher, you knooowww I was right about that!!
Hellz Manik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:23 AM   #4
seymourito
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

cool piece indeed..Can u take also his shirt off? How?
seymourito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
beav
Justice League

The Statue is nice although I've seen much cleaner anatomy. Also I thought they did a poor job with the paint where the feet attatch to the base
beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #6
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

I have the statue as well... not sure if it's a defect but I noticed that my Ryu's leaning alittle on his right leg, i.e. his right elbox ends up slightly lower than the left elbow. It's not very obvious but if you put it in a confine display with parallel walls, it does show. Can't tell from your photos if you have that problem too.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #7
toe
Alpha Flight

Pick-a-boo

Great review Hells Manik. He is a great statue. I can't wait for more Vega and Cammie PF to come out.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote