Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
Deadlift
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
Adamantium Member

which air brush should i get

Hi All,

I want to try my hand at painting up some kits. I am going to get an airbrush but not sure which one to get??? there are so many. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks...

Brian
Deadlift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
Paul1958
Doh!

Hi

How much are you looking to spend and dont spend too much or you may end up giving yourself more trouble than its worth as some high end high price airbrushes are better suited to spaying airtists ink rather than paint, unless you plan on doing hi end ink work that is.

I would recomend somethink like one of the Iwata Revolution or Neo Range or from the Badger 100 range give you no trouble airbrush. also depending on what you are painting will also influence if you go for a Syphone feed or Gravity feed.

Personaly I use a Badger 155 anthem syphone feed for large areas requiring lots of paint but with a fine detail capabilty, a Badger 100-G-F for very fine detail with a small amount of paint and an Iwata Revolution CR for larger coverage with only a small amount of paint, if that makes any sense.

Paul
Paul1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Deadlift
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
Adamantium Member

Thanks for the reply.. I am gonna start small.. repaint some busts and learn some technique.. then I will move up to some 1/6 kits.
Deadlift is offline   Reply With Quote