Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #1
kharlamov
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Anime statues, where do you get them?

Hey all I came across this site http://shingeki.myshopify.com, and I can't tell if these pieces are legit or recasts? I haven't personally heard of any of those companies.. Anyway, I was wondering where you guys buy anime statues?
kharlamov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I had started a thread as well (on the Anime/Manga thread though) on this company and couldn't fish anyone that had any dealings with them. I'm still eyeing some of their figures but I don't dare either.

So far I've emailed them with questions and they did respond quickly, so that's a plus there.

Below is the tread I've started, and as you can see nothing, only viewings. Perhaps you have better luck using this thread instead.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=158671

Kharlamov, you can also try this link since this is a forum that talks about Anime figures plus places you can get them from with reviews on shopping websites as well

http://myfigurecollection.net/
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:50 PM   #3
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I often use a couple of stores that have been fairly good:

AmiAmi - www.amiami.com

Eye on Asia (UK based) - www.eyeonasia.co.uk

These stores deal in the PVC Anime statues from 1/10 up to 1/4 scale, maybe even bigger, but it's rare to see Anime PVC figures beyond 1/5 - 1/4 scale, with 1/4 scale being relatively rare (in my experience) - in fact, for Anime PVC, 1/8 scale seems to be the most prevalent.

From what I know, those stores deal with the real thing, so not fakes from China!

Another option, would be to check out direct sales from Kotobukiya! Great company, and very VERY good clean products.

Happy hunting.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:31 PM   #4
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

AmiAmi is the ultimate source. Always go to them first. If you're in the US, Tokyo Otaku Mode is pretty decent too. Companies like Kotobukiya and Good Smile Company do direct sales and are very reliable.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:33 PM   #5
kharlamov

Awesome thank you guys for all the info, much appreciated. I think it would be awesome to add some 1/4 scale anime figures to my collection, some of them look amazing.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:38 PM   #6
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

1/4 scale is just starting to get popular in Japan. Freeing has a long line of 1/4 bunny girl statues that are very reasonable in price.

I used to think Japanese figure collecting was an extremely niche and expensive hobby, until I found out about what it's like for Western statue collecting lol
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:19 PM   #7
NinNin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I used to think Japanese figure collecting was an extremely niche and expensive hobby, until I found out about what it's like for Western statue collecting lol
Exactly. Now I find myself collecting both. The nice thing is there's less downtime when it comes to releases and announcements, but RIP space.
NinNin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:30 AM   #8
dao2
Cyclops

second for amiami, kolekaton is nice too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
1/4 scale is just starting to get popular in Japan. Freeing has a long line of 1/4 bunny girl statues that are very reasonable in price.
I dunno about getting popular, it's been around. Unfortunately space is always an issue there, and PVC has problems at larger scales. Also since they're using PVC they have to make and sell a lot for profit, harder to do really larger edition sizes with 1/4th stuff.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #9
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
second for amiami, kolekaton is nice too

I dunno about getting popular, it's been around. Unfortunately space is always an issue there, and PVC has problems at larger scales. Also since they're using PVC they have to make and sell a lot for profit, harder to do really larger edition sizes with 1/4th stuff.
What problems do you think there are for PVC at 1/4 scale?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:32 PM   #10
kharlamov

What are most of the 1/4 scale usually made of resin or pvc?