Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-28-2021, 04:34 PM   #1021
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

I'm sad I missed out on the exclusive because I wanted the exclusive portrait. I could care less about the arm cannon.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:26 PM   #1022
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't think Frank the plant is as essential to her as Hordak is his arm cannon.

But people will always be salty about what they can't have. The question is, what is more important to Horak. The cannon or the other portrait? Because people would argue both. However, there has to be some bonus for EX buyers.
No, it's not about that. People only get salty when they are arbitrarily denied something absolutely *essential* to the piece. I love the new Teela statue so will be ordering her but passed on the exclusive. To me the definitive Teela is more in line with her Filmation look so I gladly left the staff accessory for someone else to pick up.

I have a feeling that Teela's regular edition will still easily sell out since either option is equally great. But regular Hordak is such a step down from the exclusive that I see that many others are looking at it just like me and saying "why bother." No one wants to spend 500 bucks on something only to feel jipped. The little imp guy should have been the exclusive. A fun extra but not indispensable for those who miss out.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:54 PM   #1023
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Which part of Hordak did you feel was the essential part? I’m assuming it was the portrait. The cannon or the head? Because to me, the cannon is more essential to his look than the Filmation head.

That piece is so great that I can’t imagine anybody feeling ripped off. Hell, Sideshow doesn’t even sell the EX so eventually people or new collectors won’t even know there was an EX. The statue will move. Though I do agree there is quite a coolness upgrade with the EX options of Hordak.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:22 PM   #1024
Blade3327
Nightwing

I forget, has there ever been talk of Tweeterhead doing their own He-Man and Skeletor? I may have heard something about battle armor in the past, not sure if it pertained to TW or not.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:00 PM   #1025
Khev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Which part of Hordak did you feel was the essential part? I’m assuming it was the portrait. The cannon or the head? Because to me, the cannon is more essential to his look than the Filmation head.
Definitely the portrait. He didn't always transform his arm into a cannon while the robot head was obviously constant.

Either way both options should have been available to all or at the very least much more than 300.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:21 AM   #1026
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Blade - they mentioned doing both, but also wanted to focus on other characters first. My guess is they will be mixed in soon but not both back to back.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:15 AM   #1027
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I forget, has there ever been talk of Tweeterhead doing their own He-Man and Skeletor? I may have heard something about battle armor in the past, not sure if it pertained to TW or not.
They claim they'll be doing their own versions of He-Man, She-Ra, Skeletor and Evil Lyn.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:32 AM   #1028
Khev

Did they 100% confirm that a new She-Ra is coming?
Old 07-29-2021, 11:42 AM   #1029
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Did they 100% confirm that a new She-Ra is coming?
No. "100% confirmation" for TH is a banner reveal in a newsletter, according to Igo.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:55 AM   #1030
Khev

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
No. "100% confirmation" for TH is a banner reveal in a newsletter, according to Igo.
Okay, what have they said with regard to She-Ra then?