Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 08-30-2007, 02:41 AM   #1
Hellz Manik
Death is hereditary.

Evil Ryu resin statue ( sota toys)

Hey everyone!!! Once again its time for another review. I will be using my famous richter scale...again...meaning 1 or 10 nothing in between. I think most people would say " either you got it or you dont". My review will be based on Evil Ryu Resin statue created by Sota. So here we go:

1. Packaging
Unfortunately I do not have the picture of the box, due to it being stored in the attic. I had this piece for quite a while and someone requested for me to do a review on it. I can describe it though, Black box, with the evil ryu painted on the sides. The back of the box displays exclusive evil ryu edition. Now what i do remember is the thick foam that came with it, HOWEVER I MUST NOTE, TO BE CAREFUL WITH STATUE AS IT FEELS THAT WILL BREAK EASILY SIMILAR TO AN EPOCH STATUE!!

Paint Job:
Ok...First I wish my camera took better pics!! Nevertheless, the paint job on the statue is rather mild. Meaning, that it does not give it that glossy glowing,finished effect. After looking at it for a while, its rather plain. The Fire effect, looks more like a twisted glowing stick of neon, it does not even come close to looking like a fireball. The Japanese symbol in the back has that rather red dull color, it makes you wonder that if you scratch it....it will come off instantly. Last but not least his eyes are orange, now im not sure if his eyes are like that in the game.....however I always kind of thought they were red. Also,The base is a mild brown color with cracks kind of giving it that edgy look.

Paint: 1

Face:
Ok, as for the face, (once again my camera not giving good pics) is actually pretty decent. He very well gives off that impression, that he is about to hit with what he gots. First his eye brows and eyes give off that mean coldness stare. Also, his mouth is not opened ( which very very very rarely a some statues can pull that off, if done right), but its rather close, grinding his teeth. To note, his teeth are white! His arms and legs also display veins as well as his toes. Since the face is decent.....

Face=1

Positioning:
I decided to add this because when we purchase a statue, we want to see if any pose is well worth the money. As for the ryu, any pose you put him in will look ok. Place him from behind, left , or right, even from the back.....People will know that he is throwing a fireball!!! Ryu's position: knees bent, arching the fireball, plus bandana kind of blowing in the wind. TO NOTE: THE BASE DOES NOT COME OFF HIS LEGS, I'm not sure if this will bother some people or what not

Size: Ryu is about 8 1/2 inches , pretty much you can fit him anywhere!

Overall:
I went to the comic-con to purchase this statue and it was about $90.00. Quite frankly it does not look like a 90 dollar statue, more for about 30-40 dollars. Now the question? why would you buy it..... its simple..... if your a hardcore fan, then you have to be hardcore when you see it....NO MATTER HOW HARD IT HITS YOU IN THE FACE!!!! Now as for the regular ryu resin statue... I have not seen it but based off this, I think I'll wait till someone writes a review about it.
Overall= 1
Attached Thumbnails
PICT0550.JPG   PICT0552.JPG   PICT0553.JPG   PICT0555.JPG   PICT0556.JPG  

PICT0560.JPG   PICT0554.JPG   PICT0561.JPG  
Hellz Manik is offline   Reply With Quote