Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 11-20-2009, 08:05 AM   #11
JimfromNY
Frackin!

IronLungs31, Averone and Pavehawk, thanks for the advice on the lighting. I've tried push lights, but they're not bright enough- I might try some of that LED piping that you can sort of mold into small areas.

I'll look into the Ikea Dioder lights- I might even be going to Ikea this weekend with teh wife (and I may make it all the way out of the parking lot before I flip out- that store is annoying!).
JimfromNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #12
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Welcome to the forum Jim !

Nice collection, and some pretty impressive books on the wall !
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #13
JimfromNY
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
Welcome to the forum Jim !

Nice collection, and some pretty impressive books on the wall !
Thanks man, you should have seen the stuff I sold! I've had ASM collections that would make Stan Lee envious, lol. But, life gets in the way, and all that. I still have a nice collection of goodies though

Currently waiting for a Sideshow Stealth Iron Man (the one where he's punching the ground- always wanted it, but waited too long to buy one when Sideshow first had them on their site) with lightup parts that's in the mail- I'm not even sure where I'm gonna put it!
Old 11-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #14
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

Hey JimfromNY, I told you would get a response from everyone. Oh yeah before I forget.....

Welcome to the Forum!

Looking forward to seeing more of your collection.
dablkpnther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #15
sputnik
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Battery operated push light from the dollar store.
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #16
JimfromNY
Frackin!

The Stealth Iron Man comicquette came! I'll post some pix later. I did try the push light, but it's nowhere near bright enough. I'm heading out to Ikea in a little while to find those Dioder lights- they could be the best solution, but not sure if it'll work for the helmets. For the case, it should be a no brainer (perfect for me).
Old 11-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #17
rabid_wolf
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimfromNY View Post
The Stealth Iron Man comicquette came! I'll post some pix later. I did try the push light, but it's nowhere near bright enough. I'm heading out to Ikea in a little while to find those Dioder lights- they could be the best solution, but not sure if it'll work for the helmets. For the case, it should be a no brainer (perfect for me).
Ive been looking for a lighting system myself. The push lights are great for a few hours until the batteries get drained. It gets very annoying. Does anyone know how light the dioder lights are and do they need to be fixed into a cabinet with screws or can you use sticky strips.

By the way Jim awesome comic collection. Im primarily a silver age marvel comic book collector myself and recently got into statues.
rabid_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #18
JimfromNY
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_wolf View Post
Ive been looking for a lighting system myself. The push lights are great for a few hours until the batteries get drained. It gets very annoying. Does anyone know how light the dioder lights are and do they need to be fixed into a cabinet with screws or can you use sticky strips.

By the way Jim awesome comic collection. Im primarily a silver age marvel comic book collector myself and recently got into statues.
Hey man,

I did wind up getting the dioder lights and putting them in my cabinet. The dioder lights are very light and come with sticky tape as well as a bracket you can screw in. I went with the bracket just so it wouldn't eventually peel off (just drill a pilot hole for each screw and then put the bracket up, slip the light in and you're done)- they're very bright and light my cabinet from top to bottom!

Thanks to you all for posting them (I did manage to NOT have a tantrum the whole trip to Ikea) and I'll get some fresh pix of my collection to put up soon
Old 11-22-2009, 01:42 AM   #19
rabid_wolf
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimfromNY View Post
Hey man,

I did wind up getting the dioder lights and putting them in my cabinet. The dioder lights are very light and come with sticky tape as well as a bracket you can screw in. I went with the bracket just so it wouldn't eventually peel off (just drill a pilot hole for each screw and then put the bracket up, slip the light in and you're done)- they're very bright and light my cabinet from top to bottom!

Thanks to you all for posting them (I did manage to NOT have a tantrum the whole trip to Ikea) and I'll get some fresh pix of my collection to put up soon
awesome. gonna have to get the dioders. Cant wait to see pictures of your collection once set up.
rabid_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #20
JimfromNY
Frackin!

OK, here's a copy/paste from another forum. Keep in mind that things are still being organized and I have been too lazy to even clean fingerprints, it seems.

Anyway, here we go- sorry I'm not the best photog.

Spidey and Electro chillin' by teh 360:

Some of my statues mounted on shelves, gotta love the Web Shooter Replicas :