Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-17-2023, 10:42 PM   #9841
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Yea, I agree. Shipping prices are out of control for sure!!
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 04:42 PM   #9842
coolbear
Justice League

I got the Wonder Woman PF (the one from 4 or 5 years ago) a while ago but just now had the time (and space) to assemble it. It is not looking as good as on the prototype photos but it's still a beauty!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230917_193527.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	164911   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230917_193538.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	164912   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230917_193616.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	164913   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230917_193636.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	164914   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230917_193642.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	164915  

Name:	20230917_193713.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	164916   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230917_193725.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	841.9 KB
ID:	164917   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230917_193759.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	164918   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230917_193827.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	464.6 KB
ID:	164919   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230917_193905.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	690.4 KB
ID:	164920  

coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 05:02 PM   #9843
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

I still think it's a beautiful piece.

And I for one appreciate the fact that you took pics of it and sent it to this thread. I still come to this thread and get excited for those who post pics of pieces, even ones that have been around for a bit because to some those pieces may not necessarily be new but that are new to the collector and to me that means a great deal.

Thanks for posting. She looks great with the other DC ladies.
Old 09-20-2023, 05:09 PM   #9844
coolbear
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
I still think it's a beautiful piece.

And I for one appreciate the fact that you took pics of it and sent it to this thread. I still come to this thread and get excited for those who post pics of pieces, even ones that have been around for a bit because to some those pieces may not necessarily be new but that are new to the collector and to me that means a great deal.

Thanks for posting. She looks great with the other DC ladies.
Thanks! I also appreciate folks posting here even the statue is not a recently released one.

I'm happy with the DC statues I got but it should grow soon with the last 2 Poison Ivy statues recently announced - comic and green variant of the last one. I also have the last Power Girl PF but it doesn't fit on the shelves I have right now, I will assemble it once my Moducases arrive eventually.
Besides, I'm still looking for a nice Batman 1/4 and maybe a Superman statue to complete the collection.
Old 09-20-2023, 05:51 PM   #9845
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

not new but new to me...

I agree. For a moment there, I was almost both embarrassed and ashamed to post my recent pics. of my recent pick up of the SS Black Widow PF, the SS red Angel Comiquette and the SS Iceman Comiquette.

I decided to get the Black Widow PF with the black costume recently as I sold the White OG snow costumed PF. I always wanted the black costumed one but procrastinated and felt no urgency because I already "had a Black Widow" in my Avengers line up. So again, there was no real need to jump at the black costumed one. I always knew that I did NOT want the EX as I hated the flat hair line on the long haired version so when I found a fantastic deal on the short haired one, I jumped on it. Then sold my white costumed one and the one paid for the other.

Name:	pic 1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	361.1 KB
ID:	164921

For Angel in my collection with my X-Men line up, I have ALWAYS LOVED both the blue and red Angels comiquettes despite the 1/5th overall scale. When I began to realize that the comiquette matches well with the 1/4 scale line up, ESPECIALLY when elevated to appear as though he is flying, it was a no-brainier for me to try and find one at a reasonable price. People who have had it and were willing to part with it were asking OUTRAGEOUS prices for either blue or red. I LOVE red as it is my favorite color and always preferred the red look. I also realized that any XM Archangel will cost me well over a thousand dollars and so will most custom Archangels and that is not ok with me. And when I was finally able to land a reasonable price for the red Angel, I jumped on it. I could not be happier.

Name:	pic 2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	164922

The same holds true for the 1/5th Iceman comiquette. Same concept......I have always liked the piece and have always felt that the sculpt was underrated. Despite it's 1/5th scale, I still feel like on the appropriate riser (that I created for mine), it fits nicely with my 1/4 scale X-Men. I was strategic in my placing him........if yo notice in the pics......I made sure Colossus was on that shelf on purpose because he is MADE TO BE Huge to begin with so it is perfect balance there. Then I made sure to put girls all around him that are petite.......Magik (custom) in front of her brother, Kitty Pryde (custom) phasing so we don't get ALL of her body and Psylocke CROUCHING. So as you can see by that pic., they balance seems a little bit better. Well at least to me.

Name:	pic 3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	365.5 KB
ID:	164923

So I have an OG Daredevil coming soon and am excited about it but was initially afraid that as it is an older piece that people are not going to be supportive, but I again, it has always had my attention and I am excited to get it as it resonates my collecting comic days with Frank Miller.
Old 09-20-2023, 06:28 PM   #9846
coolbear
Justice League

You have a nice collection, congrats!

That Cyclops statue is nice and I miss it on my X-Men collection (I started collecting 1/4 more seriously around the time that statue became sold out on Sideshow).

It's just unfortunate that when you find it in places like eBay it's way overpriced, so I hope Sideshow will eventually release a new Cyclops PF soon.
Old 09-20-2023, 10:52 PM   #9847
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbear View Post
You have a nice collection, congrats!

That Cyclops statue is nice and I miss it on my X-Men collection (I started collecting 1/4 more seriously around the time that statue became sold out on Sideshow).

It's just unfortunate that when you find it in places like eBay it's way overpriced, so I hope Sideshow will eventually release a new Cyclops PF soon.
Thank you so very much for that.

I know a local seller that is selling that Cyclops on Offer Up for 300. But I do know that he does not have the original box nor shipper. It has been sitting on there for some time, I would not be surprised if he let it go for 250.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:52 AM   #9848
ukshaun
Hercules

@coolbear
Congrats. The Wonder Woman PF looks better in person. Lighting plays a large part in making the piece look better. The original proto featured an amazing paint app on the portrait that the factory could not match.

@Onewiththeforce
Some great pieces you have there! ..especially Kitty Pryde.
Psylocke, Black Widow and Rogue are also in my collection.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 02:08 AM   #9849
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbear View Post
I got the Wonder Woman PF (the one from 4 or 5 years ago) a while ago but just now had the time (and space) to assemble it. It is not looking as good as on the prototype photos but it's still a beauty!
Not seeing any "as good as" issues.

Looks great to me. Be happy with your purchase. She looks damn good. TBH the newer statues have weird shading issues. Keep that in mind. You've got a beautiful statue.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 09:54 AM   #9850
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
@coolbear
Congrats. The Wonder Woman PF looks better in person. Lighting plays a large part in making the piece look better. The original proto featured an amazing paint app on the portrait that the factory could not match.

@Onewiththeforce
Some great pieces you have there! ..especially Kitty Pryde.
Psylocke, Black Widow and Rogue are also in my collection.
Hey ukshaun,
thank you so much for that comment. Much appreciated. I still have lots of work to do on the lighting. I do love this Kitty Pryde. I was able to get a fantastic deal on her and she arrived lightning fast and no issues at all. I have been wanting a Kitty Pryde for some time (1/4th scale) and at this point if a licensed one comes out, it will have to be pretty amazing for me to replace this one.

Thank you again.