Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #1491
johnclone
The Enchantress

a recent Wimbledon sighting of Kit, still has Jon Snow beard and hair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kit_Harington_Wimbledon.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	91253  
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #1492
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Conan - George R. R. Martin works on the next book
https://youtu.be/lle4t4o8EDk

Conan 360 - Game of Thrones Cast (watch on Chrome or mobile device in You Tube app to control the camera)

https://youtu.be/v1j7MtCjPP4
https://youtu.be/yelG1h5XYZI
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:50 PM   #1493
johnclone
The Enchantress

They have no idea what's going to happen.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #1494
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
They have no idea what's going to happen.
I thought that was pretty damn obvious but how bad last season was.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #1495
johnclone
The Enchantress

Well, I think there were ups and downs. I liked the scenes with the sons of the harpy popping up and attacking. I like any scene with Peter Dinklage in it, I really dug the white walker scenes, looking forward to seeing Jon come back from the dead, and I guess we'll see what his younger brothers are up to, so that should be interesting. I'm also hoping to see some payback on the guys that killed him. And while it is a little bit dragging on, I enjoy the scenes with Arya. I'm looking forward to seeing the undead mountain take out some of the enemies of Circe.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:12 PM   #1496
MrYac
Hercules

I hated the Harpy scenes because every time they started "popping up" it just made the Unsullied look like completely useless fighters when they were supposed to be the pinnacle of soldiers, yet here we have them consistently getting their asses handed to them by either over privileged rich folks or former slaves of over privileged rich folks. neither of which makes them look too formidable.

the Walker stuff with Jon was good, and every scene with Jon & Stannis was great (I think you guys already know how I feel about the destruction of the great King Stannis)

Aria was really boring this season, 99% of the time cleaning floors and the ridiculously over the top way they tried to remind us all that Meryn Trant was a bad dude "Too old!" would've been laughable if it wasn't happening in a show that up until the current season I thought was truly amazing TV.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:56 PM   #1497
johnclone
The Enchantress

I think the greatest warriors can still be ambushed and lesser fighters can be victorious that way by surprising their greater, more skilled opponents and getting in some strikes first. In fact, that was the main advantage that the Harpy fighters had, so they used it every chance they could. Also, I doubt that the unsullied trained in tight alleyways, so they were not used to that kind of fighting. But I agree, that the unsullied often were shown looking more like regular joes holding spears that they weren't sure what to do with than legendary fighters trained night and day to do one thing.

Stannis reminded me of Macbeth, he ultimately destroyed himself with a number of bad decisions, all the while believing he was invincible because of what some witches said.

Arya's story did linger on a bit, so I agree there, that it needed to have more happen, but I guess they wanted to show how boring life had become for her. Either way, what is boring to her is boring for us to watch. That's an interesting observation about Meryn Trant, to make him more of a jerk so we don't mind watching her off him like that.

Which character's story are you most interested in seeing what happens next? Besides Snow.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:17 PM   #1498
MrYac
Hercules

that's actually one of the main problems i'm having now in that most of my favorites are dead and the ones we're left with I don't care much for. Tywin being dead makes Kings Landing a chore to watch, sure Tyrion helps but almost anytime we're forced to watch the Dani stuff I fall asleep, Stannis being ruined (though i'm not entirely sure he's dead) is also going to make the stuff in the North far less interesting as well.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:57 AM   #1499
johnclone
The Enchantress

I wouldn't get your hopes up about Stannis, I think the fair maiden dispatched him quite proper.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:28 AM   #1500
MrYac
Hercules

the way they cut away makes me think she didn't actually do it. it's hardly a show that shy's away from showing people die. Brienne's uncanny knack to just bump into everybody she's looking for no matter where they or she is in the world is another thing I just loved about this season by the way