Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 02-05-2023, 06:51 PM   #471
veryfigurefans
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Yesterday we listened to

Howard Jones : Dream into Action
Queen : Jazz
Queen : The Game
and
Streets of Fire Movie Soundtrack

My girlfriend is still asleep currently so nothing so far today. I am being very quiet...LOL

I do have Linda Ronstadt's Greatest Hits on the turntable ready to go though.
I understand. Nice playlist. There is also a beautiful performance by Linda Ronstadt in the song All My Life written by Karlo Bonoff. I guess that song isn't available on the Greats Hits album. It came out at 45 Rpm.
veryfigurefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 01:11 PM   #472
Asgard
Deadman

Nice additions

I can't say anything about vinyl records. I've always had CD's and now music is just streamed

Quote:
Streets of Fire Movie Soundtrack
This is one of my favorite films
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 01:29 PM   #473
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryfigurefans View Post
I understand. Nice playlist. There is also a beautiful performance by Linda Ronstadt in the song All My Life written by Karlo Bonoff. I guess that song isn't available on the Greats Hits album. It came out at 45 Rpm.
I'll look that one up. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Nice additions

I can't say anything about vinyl records. I've always had CD's and now music is just streamed

One of my favorites as well.

I grew up with vinyl and cassette tapes and never got rid of them. They just sat in the closet from one home to another for years until the resurgence 10 or so years ago.

When my Father passed away he was a musician and I was able to get all of his vinyl and added to mine. Last time I counted a few years ago I have around 1,000 LP's and another 100 or so 45's. I still buy vinyl from time to time so probably need to count them up again.

Never counted all of my cassette tapes but I have 2 15 gallon bins full of them. I bought a refurbished tape deck a few years back and once in a while I even play a couple.

Here is a picture of the records. The white box at the top is full of 45's. Luckily the new house had a great area to put them all built in. I have some more records, maybe 75-ish, in the shelving of my turntable console.

jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 02:07 PM   #474
veryfigurefans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Nice additions

Thank you very much for your comment. CD is actually a type of media that is still used and continues to be produced. Cassette is rare. There are very high quality CD recordings.

Quote:
I'll look that one up. Thanks!

One of my favorites as well.

I grew up with vinyl and cassette tapes and never got rid of them. They just sat in the closet from one home to another for years until the resurgence 10 or so years ago.

When my Father passed away he was a musician and I was able to get all of his vinyl and added to mine. Last time I counted a few years ago I have around 1,000 LP's and another 100 or so 45's. I still buy vinyl from time to time so probably need to count them up again.

Never counted all of my cassette tapes but I have 2 15 gallon bins full of them. I bought a refurbished tape deck a few years back and once in a while I even play a couple.

Here is a picture of the records. The white box at the top is full of 45's. Luckily the new house had a great area to put them all built in. I have some more records, maybe 75-ish, in the shelving of my turntable console.
A truly magnificent archive. We talked a little bit about this before in the music section. It's great that you're preserving records from your father and including them in your collection. I congratulate you on this.

Unfortunately, some people around me can throw away many memories of their family.

Yesterday, I took pictures of all my records in my collection to inventory them. I don't know the number yet, it will be a surprise for me.

What are your favorite records? Is there any music you listen to every day?

Also, thank you all for this nice conversation.
Old 02-10-2023, 12:09 PM   #475
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryfigurefans View Post
A truly magnificent archive. We talked a little bit about this before in the music section. It's great that you're preserving records from your father and including them in your collection. I congratulate you on this.

Unfortunately, some people around me can throw away many memories of their family.

Yesterday, I took pictures of all my records in my collection to inventory them. I don't know the number yet, it will be a surprise for me.

What are your favorite records? Is there any music you listen to every day?

Also, thank you all for this nice conversation.
I do not listen to the same music daily. But some of my favorite vinyl to listen to are Duran Duran, The Police, Little River Band, The Cars, Queen, Ambrosia, Abba, The Rolling Stones, Bob Seeger, Nitzer Ebb, Depeche Mode and David Bowie.

I am sure there are more but that is off the top of my head. I enjoy most kinds of music so really hard to pin down an exact favorite. I have been listening to a lot of 80's and older country lately as well. I bought several older country artists records at my last record store visit. Bob Wills, Hank Williams Sr., Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Tammy Wynette, and George Jones.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:26 PM   #476
veryfigurefans

Quote:
I do not listen to the same music daily. But some of my favorite vinyl to listen to are Duran Duran, The Police, Little River Band, The Cars, Queen, Ambrosia, Abba, The Rolling Stones, Bob Seeger, Nitzer Ebb, Depeche Mode and David Bowie.

I am sure there are more but that is off the top of my head. I enjoy most kinds of music so really hard to pin down an exact favorite. I have been listening to a lot of 80's and older country lately as well. I bought several older country artists records at my last record store visit. Bob Wills, Hank Williams Sr., Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Tammy Wynette, and George Jones.
Records of many popular bands. You have a really beautiful and rare collection. I know that Sting's Police group was very successful during his period.

Currently, I want to buy period editions of Sting's Ten Summoner's Tales and Nothing Like The Sun.

I also listen to Dire Straits' album of the same name a lot. The instruments it contains make feel amazing. (Sultan of swing and In the Gallery)

I love country music too. I have records of Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, Johnny Cash, Eddy Arnold and mixed country artists. I definitely recommend Don Williams' Listen To The Radio album, it's a great album.
Old 02-20-2023, 11:35 AM   #477
veryfigurefans

New toys have been added to the collection this week. I can say that the old Max and Moritz series started to grow all of a sudden. Especially the figure belonging to the Linde brand was a surprise for me. Crayon Shin-Chan series mini figures from 1992. The Pink Panther, on the other hand, belongs to the 1970s, I think, I can say the 5th or 6th pink panther figure in my collection. It's been a good week for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	collect1.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	159394   Click image for larger version

Name:	collect2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	159395   Click image for larger version

Name:	collect3.jpg
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	159396   Click image for larger version

Name:	collect4.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	159397   Click image for larger version

Name:	collect5.jpg
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	159398  

Click image for larger version

Name:	collect6.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	159399   Click image for larger version

Name:	collect7.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	159400   Click image for larger version

Name:	collect8.jpg
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	159401   Click image for larger version

Name:	collect9.jpg
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	159402  
Old 02-20-2023, 12:01 PM   #478
jeremydmc
Black Panther

WOW, you have added a lot! Everything looks great!
Old 02-20-2023, 02:21 PM   #479
veryfigurefans

Quote:
WOW, you have added a lot! Everything looks great!
I'm so glad you liked it. After this week, I want to focus more on the toy collection. I will also include a few records in my record collection.
Old 02-20-2023, 02:47 PM   #480
Asgard
Deadman

I knew the characters from the "Max and Moritz" series straight away. They look like they're from the book
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote