Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-08-2023, 09:03 AM   #41
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Have you even seen the movies? I am guessing not as this just seems like another classic know nothing, yet have opinion on everything post.
I've seen the movie's, and enjoyed them. I wouldn't class myself as an expert, certainly not compared to some.

And yes, I'm sharing my opinions. Just airing my thoughts regarding what I may or may not add to my collection. I appreciate that you, or others might not agree - but that's ok, as I'm not spending your money

Are you planning to get this? What aspects of the character (Arwen) entice you to buying this piece?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 09:11 AM   #42
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
This piece better be max 2K or LESS...(that would be the day)

I wonder if they will do the whole LOTR characters now.... I could do with just Galadriel and I'm good
Considering JND's unique selling point, I'm also wondering if they wil go all in on this line....including the bad guys, who are pretty much, in the case of the very main bad guys, just armoured dudes....

If there's no aspect they can feasibly execute with glass eyes, rooted hair, silicone headsculpt.....will they still do it?

I always assumed JND wouldn't do characters like Bane or Darksied, etc...because that would mean stepping away from their "Hyper realism" selling point. If they are planning to give that up anyway, to produce Orks, Ringwraiths, etc....then they're leaving a lot of money on the table in missed D.C. characters....
Old 02-08-2023, 09:13 AM   #43
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
This piece better be max 2K or LESS...(that would be the day)

I wonder if they will do the whole LOTR characters now.... I could do with just Galadriel and I'm good
I doubt we'll ever see a JND piece retail at 2k again. I'm guesstimating 2.2k - 2.4k for this.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 09:24 AM   #44
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I always assumed JND wouldn't do characters like Bane or Darksied, etc...because that would mean stepping away from their "Hyper realism" selling point. If they are planning to give that up anyway, to produce Orks, Ringwraiths, etc....then they're leaving a lot of money on the table in missed D.C. characters....
I remember JND's Bane being confirmed for release this year. After that, I don't think there are that many more DC characters for them to release. Aquaman, Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker, MP Catwoman. They'll have to move on soon. Hopefully to a 1/3 MCU line.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 10:11 AM   #45
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I remember JND's Bane being confirmed for release this year. After that, I don't think there are that many more DC characters for them to release. Aquaman, Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker, MP Catwoman. They'll have to move on soon. Hopefully to a 1/3 MCU line.
Michelle Pfeiffer's catwoman with swappable portrait, masked and unmasked....I also would love that ripped mask where her hair is partially sticking out.
But that would be VERY expensive
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 12:52 PM   #46
tarim69
Sailor Moon

I expect most LoTR pieces would be pretty pricey considering the wardrobes and sculpting (armor) involved.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 01:51 PM   #47
Irenicus
The Spirit

I agree this will be expensive, lots of exposed silicone body.

JND had always bold decisions : arthur fleck, mera and now Arwen. People seem to enjoy their artistry regardless of the characters.

Fortunately, not a piece I am interested.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 02:47 PM   #48
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Companies tend to get complexes of not repeating what others have made, but I have to agree for once with Silas that the Arwen warrior is much more appealing than the Arwen erotic elf magazine.

Nevertheless her best renderings in statue form have been always in her badassery

The other one not so much...

Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 04:53 PM   #49
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
but I have to agree for once with Silas that the Arwen warrior is much more appealing than the Arwen erotic elf magazine.
Now, come on - we agreed once before, when we agreed that you'd never agree with me....

No, but to be serious - I was really speaking about my specific collecting targets....and just (needlessly) vocalising my thought process on whether this is something for me.

I can fully understand why a LotR fan would want this, (or anyone else for that matter), regardless of what I think of the character or the character design. It's great that JND are offering something special for collectors who buzz outside D.C. - and I hope JND give this line the attention it deserves, and I hope this piece does well!!

What a great time to be a LotR collector - I hope Dune get's its time in the light soon
Old 02-08-2023, 06:09 PM   #50
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Weird. I've never thought or Arwen as erotic, or a background character, or "boring". She's featured in plenty of my favorite scenes in the films.

I'd take an Arwen piece over Galadriel.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote