Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-25-2022, 05:13 PM   #331
David22Lee
Fantastic Four

Has anyone here ordered this from either Sideshow or Secret Compass? Just wondering why it keeps getting delayed.
David22Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 03:53 PM   #332
JCage89
Doh!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22Lee View Post
Has anyone here ordered this from either Sideshow or Secret Compass? Just wondering why it keeps getting delayed.
I PO'd @ Sideshow and latest notice says Feb-April 2023. I obviously don't know exactly why it gets delayed a year beyond when some here received it but by my birthday wish is that it is because Prime1 is paying attention to all of the feedback and adjusting the sculpt to more like the proto (better haircut and paint depth I sincerely hope). Fingers crossed but Breath not held. Cheers JC
JCage89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 06:34 PM   #333
Biggunz
Loki

Maybe they are redoing the hair.

It could be a good thing. I canceled mine.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 06:39 PM   #334
FDS
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCage89 View Post
I PO'd @ Sideshow and latest notice says Feb-April 2023. I obviously don't know exactly why it gets delayed a year beyond when some here received it but by my birthday wish is that it is because Prime1 is paying attention to all of the feedback and adjusting the sculpt to more like the proto (better haircut and paint depth I sincerely hope). Fingers crossed but Breath not held. Cheers JC
I highly boubt that. That would pee off a lot of collectors who have it already.

It would be great though! I.m still waiting on mine too
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 12:13 PM   #335
JCage89
Doh!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDS View Post
I highly boubt that. That would pee off a lot of collectors who have it already.
Yet they don't seem to mind that it will seriously pee off the many shelling out $3k+ by releasing a prod piece so far off from proto in the first place so not sure that logic holds up.

It's odd to me that certain people get it so far in advance though. I didn't really pay attention to where they bought it (P1 direct vs. some other reseller that had it that early on) but wonder if somehow someway these early in-hand posts were from an early channel and somehow not a final release? I've seen this type of thing before it seems. Otherwise it doesn't make sense it wouldn't have been more widely released last summer with Multiple in hand pics posted from a wider variety of customers who bought it and the usual YouTube Jockeys ringing up views with their obligatory unboxing and review videos. Something doesn't add up.

I guess we'll see huh?

Cheers JC
JCage89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 05:14 PM   #336
FDS
Justice League

I think they try and get out all the Exclusive versions out first, and then the none exclusive ones to follow.

Due to covid, i think this has also delayed it all too.
Old 01-29-2023, 09:42 PM   #337
David22Lee
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDS View Post

It would be great though! I.m still waiting on mine too
The funny thing with that is that P1 kinda did that with their T-800 Endoskeleton. Earlier releases had the lean issue that people were complaining about and then they decided to fix/modify this with their later batches.
Old 01-30-2023, 02:37 AM   #338
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22Lee View Post
The funny thing with that is that P1 kinda did that with their T-800 Endoskeleton. Earlier releases had the lean issue that people were complaining about and then they decided to fix/modify this with their later batches.
My late batch one had a ton of issues too.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 12:38 PM   #339
David22Lee
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
My late batch one had a ton of issues too.
Maybe "fixed" is not the wrong choice of word :P. The pose was modified for sure during the later batches. Sorry to hear yours had issues still. I was lucky that mine turned out okay.
Old 02-20-2023, 03:48 PM   #340
FDS
Justice League

I have to say, I think PRIME 1 STUDIOS are my favourite!

I think this is my 2nd favourite peice from them.

Yeah they kinda went all lazy on the hair which was a let down but overall I love it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TermPrimecrop.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	159409