Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-08-2021, 09:38 PM   #21
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

So what happened to the 1/6 version? What about people who wanted this with their 1/6 superman? Is XM stupid or something? I love their statues but this decision baffles me unless I missed that they were still doing the 1/6 version, in which case I’m the idiot.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:09 PM   #22
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
So what happened to the 1/6 version? What about people who wanted this with their 1/6 superman? Is XM stupid or something? I love their statues but this decision baffles me unless I missed that they were still doing the 1/6 version, in which case I’m the idiot.
I read somewhere they are still doing a 1/6 version but will be a new design/pose.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:15 PM   #23
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I read somewhere they are still doing a 1/6 version but will be a new design/pose.
Which we all know is nonsense. It would've been much cheaper and much more fan friendly to release what they already put money and time into (designing just the 1/4 version from scratch), than to design/redesign brand new versions of *both* of them.

They managed to peeve off a whole bunch of people and cost themselves more money with this hairbrained idea.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:25 PM   #24
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
Which we all know is nonsense. It would've been much cheaper and much more fan friendly to release what they already put money and time into (designing just the 1/4 version from scratch), than to design/redesign brand new versions of *both* of them.

They managed to peeve off a whole bunch of people and cost themselves more money with this hairbrained idea.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:34 PM   #25
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:

I think they wanted to take advantage of the new license as quickly as possible and adapting this and the 1/6 Doomsday helps get that line flowing. I don't like it, but it makes sense, especially if 1/4 is going to be the money maker.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:41 AM   #26
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Agreed. I didn't like the Rebirth Superman that much, but was planning to get 1/6 Doomsday, Recovery Suit, Supergirl, Bizarro, and Cyborg Superman (whenever that happens). That all went out the window. They say they will revisit Doomsday and SG in 1/6, but we know how that goes. And by that time, the increased detail won't match the old stuff.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:56 PM   #27
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
I also thought this was gonna be the 1/6 version. Bit of a bummer, but we'll see.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:04 PM   #28
craigcliff1
Zot

Been two statements, one stated by Ang that are doing both, one by XM they are just doing the 1/4, so who knows.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:08 AM   #29
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Soon as they canned the 1/6 I'd been waiting on for for so long, I said screw them and put money down on the prime 1 Supergirl instead. Sale lost. Not saying I will necessarily boycott xm completely, but that was a crappy thing to do to people and I can't support their Supergirl.

Now I'm just waiting to see if they start canceling the other NINE 1/6 xm pieces I already have money down on for PO.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:50 PM   #30
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Now I'm just waiting to see if they start canceling the other NINE 1/6 xm pieces I already have money down on for PO.
It is March and no new 1/6 has been announced yet.
The longer they keep silence - the more weight will gain a theory about them axing the line but waiting till all open POs are closed to announce it.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote