Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 02-19-2021, 07:04 AM   #1
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

DST G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero Gallery Diorama Figures!

I saw BBTS has Destro on their website. This came out of nowhere and I guess they jumped the gun. Glad to see this is part of the Gallery series because you guys have been killing it with those DC Batman villains.

Please do characters that we don't get all the time. Not saying you need to do them all at once, but sprinkle them in with the usuals. Throw out Quick Kick or Spirit when you do Storm Shadow. Put out Roadblock when you do Cobra Commander. Let's see the twins Tomax and Xamot, Cobra B.A.T., or Crimson Guard get rolled out with Scarlet. At the $45 price point I'm willing to go as deep into the line as you are.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:08 PM   #2
DSTZach
Distributor

Nobody jumped the gun, pre-orders opened today. Snake Eyes is of course on the slate, and as a big Joe fan I'm hoping for everyone to get made, but I'm sure some are real long shots. Spirit, for example.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:15 PM   #3
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
Nobody jumped the gun, pre-orders opened today. Snake Eyes is of course on the slate, and as a big Joe fan I'm hoping for everyone to get made, but I'm sure some are real long shots. Spirit, for example.
That's sad to hear about Spirit. As I always considered him at least a B-lister. If he's considered by Diamond to be below that, then that bodes ill for any others I would love to see, like Sci-Fi. I just hope it doesn't turn into another Duke/Cobra Commander/Destro/Snake Eyes/Scarlett/Baroness/Roadblock line. Although, I would definitely get a Baroness.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #4
Master Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
That's sad to hear about Spirit. As I always considered him at least a B-lister. If he's considered by Diamond to be below that, then that bodes ill for any others I would love to see, like Sci-Fi. I just hope it doesn't turn into another Duke/Cobra Commander/Destro/Snake Eyes/Scarlett/Baroness/Roadblock line. Although, I would definitely get a Baroness.
Hey hey hey, Where's all the Roadblock statues at? LOL.

You're right about the rest though, and I do want those usual characters but I would love to see a character like Sci Fi. He has such a great design it would be a shame not to see it in statue form.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:47 PM   #5
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

stinks SSC didn't do they RB dio they were working on 10 years ago
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:04 PM   #6
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Hey hey hey, Where's all the Roadblock statues at? LOL.

You're right about the rest though, and I do want those usual characters but I would love to see a character like Sci Fi. He has such a great design it would be a shame not to see it in statue form.
I guess it's true there aren't any Roadblock statues. I guess I am more thinking of GI Joe action figure lines that come and go, and Roadblock is always one of the first made. And that holds true for the current Classified line.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:40 PM   #7
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Hopefully you can show some renders soon as another company is doing these in same size. I just cancelled the destro in favor of yours. Their next set is due out in another week. Have anymore to show that look better than theirs?
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:27 PM   #8
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

Maybe they'll get around some characters like Firefly or Zartan.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:46 AM   #9
DSTZach
Distributor

What company is doing Joe statues in the same size? I haven't seen these.

And I didn't mean Spirit was a C-lister, I meant he was kind of a stereotype. Not sure he'd fly in this day and age. Sci-Fi might be a C-lister, just because he got very little screen time. But I'm not in charge. Ask the president! diamondselecttoys.com/ask-dst
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:31 AM   #10
Master Pizza

Quote:
What company is doing Joe statues in the same size? I haven't seen these.

And I didn't mean Spirit was a C-lister, I meant he was kind of a stereotype. Not sure he'd fly in this day and age. Sci-Fi might be a C-lister, just because he got very little screen time. But I'm not in charge. Ask the president! diamondselecttoys.com/ask-dst
PCS has been making 1/8 G.I. Joe statues since last year.

I had a feeling you might be thinking Spirit could be seen as a stereotype. It's a legit concern, especially in today's world. My rebuttal to that would be every company makes Storm Shadow and he's a Japanese man dressed as a ninja. No one has a problem with that because he's a badass. Well in the animated series Spirit often fought that badass ninja and they had a mutual respect for each other as adversaries. That's why he's one of my favorite characters from the show.