Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-18-2023, 04:19 PM   #31
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I am with you 100%.

Trends come and go and bounce back later. Hopefully, the vintage/classic style superheroes will become popular again.

People's taste in statues is as diverse as the design of superheroes. There is always room for non-mainstream stuff.
Appreciate them in your comics and be thankful we got as many as we did in statue form. most likely will not be seeing too many classics without at least a modern twist
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 04:36 PM   #32
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Appreciate them in your comics and be thankful we got as many as we did in statue form. most likely will not be seeing too many classics without at least a modern twist
I prefer classic on some characters but I also don?t mind the modern twist if it?s not over done. XM is terrible these days with the over designing. SS used to be but they have gotten a lot better. TH has been fantastic lately.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:11 PM   #33
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I still think that the Tweeterhead 2.0 still has a classic look to it even though they are a little more of a modern take. I just want to see some more heroes.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 05:39 AM   #34
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I still think that the Tweeterhead 2.0 still has a classic look to it even though they are a little more of a modern take. I just want to see some more heroes.
They still look absolutely classical to me, just in less hieratical poses than before, which is a big plus in my opinion.

I honestly don't understand the comments about something like this being anime-ish:

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:24 AM   #35
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
How exactly? The last few in the line were down to like 200 ES.
TH's edition sizes are much lower than the majority of other companies.

i guess the old Bowen collector in me was hoping that the Super Powers line would be a new Bowen FS line only for DC.

Collectors love collecting lines. Bowen FS and MB line highlighted this more than an other company or line the industry has ever seen. after people were hooked, they were all-in even if they weren't big fans of the character. They bought pieces it "for the collection"...myself included. it was a fun time, good scale and nice price point.

This Super Powers line was the first line i've seen from any company that was comparable to what Bowen offered more than 10 years ago. Iron Studios is doing nice work with their 1/10th line, but they are a little small for me to get behind as a line as a whole.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:31 AM   #36
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

i guess the old Bowen collector in me was hoping that the Super Powers line would be a new Bowen FS line only for DC.

Collectors love collecting lines. Bowen FS and MB line highlighted this more than an other company or line the industry has ever seen. after people were hooked, they were all-in even if they weren't big fans of the character. They bought pieces it "for the collection"...myself included. it was a fun time, good scale and nice price point.

This Super Powers line was the first line i've seen from any company that was comparable to what Bowen offered more than 10 years ago. Iron Studios is doing nice work with their 1/10th line, but they are a little small for me to get behind as a line as a whole.
I agree with you on the SP line, it was like the Bowen for DC. I wish it had caught on and continued. If I was just getting into statue collecting I would probably go the 1:10 Iron Studios route since they seem to finish off lineups and the cost in today's market is doable for a large collection.

I am glad I got all the Super Powers though. They look great together. Looking forward to Flash coming soon. It will be my first test to see how the 2.0 looks next to the SP line.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:26 AM   #37
Augen
Metal Men

The issue for so many deep dive lines is right when they are getting into my B-C Tier territory they struggle to turn desired profits with low ESs.

I love my Starfire and Donna Troy, but man I wish I had got a Raven to fill in my Titans Trio.

Looking at 2.0 I notice Tweeterhead is being more cautious and taking their time. That's fine, even as a collector I want characters, but my expectations are now reset I likely won't get anyone I want. If I do it is a bonus, and earliest be 2026 now.

It was fun while it lasted, one of my favorite eras in the hobby along with DCs Bombshell line.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:35 AM   #38
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
The issue for so many deep dive lines is right when they are getting into my B-C Tier territory they struggle to turn desired profits with low ESs.

I love my Starfire and Donna Troy, but man I wish I had got a Raven to fill in my Titans Trio.

Looking at 2.0 I notice Tweeterhead is being more cautious and taking their time. That's fine, even as a collector I want characters, but my expectations are now reset I likely won't get anyone I want. If I do it is a bonus, and earliest be 2026 now.

It was fun while it lasted, one of my favorite eras in the hobby along with DCs Bombshell line.
Absolutely love Starfire and Donna. Also, a little Imp named Mxyzptlk. I still cannot believe there were only 100 of him made. He looks amazing.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 12:00 PM   #39
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

Problem is that it sounded like the last couple weren?t even making a profit. If that is really the case, it?s a miracle the line went as deep as it did.

Lines are great, just feel like that era was really limiting the appeal. The 2.0 looks are going to appeal to so many more, myself included.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 01:32 PM   #40
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Absolutely love Starfire and Donna. Also, a little Imp named Mxyzptlk. I still cannot believe there were only 100 of him made. He looks amazing.
That's the thing. Amazing piece, 100 ES. I cannot imagine they made any money on that.

I wish one Batman could offset a bunch of C-Tier characters, but I understand in business rather not take those risks.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote