Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-07-2023, 09:11 AM   #11
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
What nonsense are you talking about now? Nail in the coffin of the Infinity 1/2 line?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I know, right!

Infinity's pieces are 50% bigger along every dimension. Have rooted hair, mixed media, and competitive face sculpts (at least as far as Legolas). All for pretty much the same price.

Once we see their eventual Aragorn, then we'll see where they stand.
Firstly, nonsense is my trademark / signature move.

Secondly, I was thinking that, the majority of people might be more enticed by 1/3 over 1/2 for the simple reason of display space, box storage, etc.

When I consider how long it took for the 1/2 Legolas to "sell out" / go to wait list - it was quite telling, especially as the ED was remarkably low, and the price - for a 1/2 scale was out of this world.....honestly, I thought the Legolas would sell out in at least a week - it took months!

So my comment had absolutely nothing to do with quality....just the average Joe's ability to display the damn thing.

Another, perhaps minor consideration.....die-hard collectors of LotR will be tempted to collect the whole line - so again, collecting a line of 1/3 scale pieces is probably more doable (for most) - then collecting a whole line of 1/2 scales.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:07 AM   #12
Yamato
Justice League

It’s sad that these guys are repeating an already over saturated license instead of exploring more unique subjects. I can name many lucrative licenses that nobody is touching right now that would do better and stand out.

It’s like nobody tries to be unique anymore.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:49 AM   #13
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
It?s sad that these guys are repeating an already over saturated license instead of exploring more unique subjects. I can name many lucrative licenses that nobody is touching right now that would do better and stand out.

It?s like nobody tries to be unique anymore.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:32 PM   #14
DPA
Fantastic Four

Excellent news. I pre-ordered the InArt Gandalf and Aragorn, but 1/6th is too small for my tastes, 1/3 is my preferred scale; and LOTR certainly isn't over represented there.
DPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:51 PM   #15
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
It?s sad that these guys are repeating an already over saturated license instead of exploring more unique subjects. I can name many lucrative licenses that nobody is touching right now that would do better and stand out.

Its not that they dont want to try, the problem is you have fewer audiences, and with fewer audiences doesnt mean all will buy.
And with many pieces not selling out, it can bankrupt a company.
There's many things that go behind the scenes in making statues, You have to pay creative directors, artist to sculpt, painters, photographers, supplies, tooling, shipping, distribution, logistics, etc

Something has to fund the newer pieces. Solution...more Batman please, or re-release statues that you know will sell out or create pieces for the general audience.
RemydaGambit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:24 PM   #16
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:

It is a lot less saturated than what they have been doing and I am all for it. They can't go too niche; they only release 2 or 3 pieces a year.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:00 PM   #17
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

You have my bow…and my wallet!
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:00 PM   #18
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

First teaser premiering at 12PM KST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4z-FICyqY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JZsDQzrUpw
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:19 PM   #19
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Is this character all that popular to spend this kind of money on….. but then again we have Mera (AH).
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 09:06 PM   #20
Yamato
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
Its not that they dont want to try, the problem is you have fewer audiences, and with fewer audiences doesnt mean all will buy.
And with many pieces not selling out, it can bankrupt a company.
There's many things that go behind the scenes in making statues, You have to pay creative directors, artist to sculpt, painters, photographers, supplies, tooling, shipping, distribution, logistics, etc

Something has to fund the newer pieces. Solution...more Batman please, or re-release statues that you know will sell out or create pieces for the general audience.
I don't think it's about doing niche licenses. I mean there are highly popular licenses that nobody just goes for because these companies all just fight over the same fanbases.

There's only so many collectors from either DC or Lord of the Rings, and you have all these companies trying to one up each other in an increasingly competitive industry.

It makes significantly more sense to diversify into licenses that have a high potential to be lucrative and also have little attention as far as companies.

Like I mentioned I can definitely think of a great list of lucrative licenses that are just waiting for someone to pick them up and do something high end like JND is doing.

One Piece was a great example because it's incredibly popular worldwide, and there's practically no competition at the very high end level + interpretation that JND is offering.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote