Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

View Poll Results: Whos your fon moderators?
Superdoug 9 33.33%
Avenger 11 40.74%
Ink 3 11.11%
Merlose 13 48.15%
Jase 4 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #11
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I know I said I wasn't going to vote earlier because I didn't think I should, since its not my thread, but since so many others are who frequent the thread less than I do I think I will vote,if there are no objections.

Personally, I don't know why anybody would want to be a mod, extra work and extra time for no pay, but hey whatever I guess.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #12
Jase
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

This is a disaster, and NOT how it should be done. I vote that the election cease until we can figure out another way.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #13
Avenger
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
This is a disaster, and NOT how it should be done. I vote that the election cease until we can figure out another way.

Like a bunch of gay men could make anything simple.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:14 AM   #14
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/2/1362599_02bcdea730.jpg

Sorry, I don't know how to insert pics anymore
Old 06-17-2008, 12:15 AM   #15
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
I can't compete with campaigning directed at non-FON members of this Forum.
Obviously your comment is directed at me. Most of you have had your prejudices against me from the start and because and the fact that you're voting for each other is no different. There have already been people that don't post regularly vote for you and for Avenger, but somehow you don't mention that. There are other people on this forum that know that I would be good to do this and to my credit that speaks very well of me. And not to toot my own horn but some of you have come to certain conclusions about me mostly because I've been strong in defending myself against attacks on here, and the fact that there are folk that are impartial to the goings on in here who know me well enough to know that I would do a good job again speaks volumes. I started this thread because people everyone else around was too afraid to do so, and if I've shown anything is that I can gather people together. If you want to hold that against me Doug then go ahead. You guys started smearing me even in just doing this, you even said I was "tacky" for nominating myself yet you don't feel its tacky to vote for yourself? No offense Doug, you know that I like you but your comments seem more like they're anti Merlose more than they are pro Doug which doesn't seem very well-intentioned.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:17 AM   #16
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post

Like a bunch of gay men could make anything simple.
lol too true
Old 06-17-2008, 12:20 AM   #17
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
Obviously your comment is directed at me. Most of you have had your prejudices against me from the start and because and the fact that you're voting for each other is no different. There have already been people that don't post regularly vote for you and for Avenger, but somehow you don't mention that. There are other people on this forum that know that I would be good to do this and to my credit that speaks very well of me. And not to toot my own horn but some of you have come to certain conclusions about me mostly because I've been strong in defending myself against attacks on here, and the fact that there are folk that are impartial to the goings on in here who know me well enough to know that I would do a good job which again speaks volumes. I started this thread because people everyone else around was too afraid to do so, and if I've shown anything is that I can gather people together. If you want to hold that against me Doug then go ahead.
I don't hold it against you that you toot your own horn. Hell, if I don't pat myself on the back from time to time. But there have been people who have never ever before posted in this forum voting on this, and that's a direct result of you going off-thread to direct them here to do so.

You think you can do a good job; I'm not arguing with your ability. I'm offended by your method of securing a spot. The fact of the matter is that your approach to this whole situation has been less than serious when dealing with those directly affected by the outcome. It seems, to the outside observer, that you're securing your victory with outside votes because you're not sure that you can carry the internal votes necessary.

I have no problem with you personally, Merl. You should know that by now. I've been grouchy about the off-thread campaigning from the get-go, which is why I wanted to limit the voting to the top posters in the FON main thread.

We're still good. At least on my end.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #18
bat_collector
Galactus

The people who voted for Doug and Avenger, with the exception of ONE person, are all regular members of FON who post here on a pretty much daily basis for months now.

And I dare say Avenger is probably one of the top respected posters on this entire forum who in no way can be seen as a divisive person.

He didn't even vote for himself, which speaks volumes to me on his ability to lead this group.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:37 AM   #19
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post

You think you can do a good job; I'm not arguing with your ability. I'm offended by your method of securing a spot. The fact of the matter is that your approach to this whole situation has been less than serious when dealing with those directly affected by the outcome. It seems, to the outside observer, that you're securing your victory with outside votes because you're not sure that you can carry the internal votes necessary.
Just because I like to keep a sense of humor and have doesn't mean that I'm not serious. I've been nothing but nice to the lot of you but once again you guys have always treated me like I was outside of some personal clique despite the fact that this thread would not even be hear because of me. Its not even going to be a question if Nuff is going to moderate ROT since he started it but when it comes to me you guys have been quick to gang up on me, without even giving me a chance. You of all people on this thread know manipulation and b.s. that I've had to deal with on this thread and if I entertained the thought of being a mod its because I think I could prevent these things from happening to new members.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:48 AM   #20
Jase
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I think that you're a little TOO close to the FON thread Merl. Obsessed maybe?
Closed Thread