Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-20-2022, 10:28 PM   #28911
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Bones and All (2022) - Maren, a young woman, learns how to survive on the margins of society.

Cannibal romance is not a theme I find appealing, but Luca Guadagnino is one of my favorite current directors and he made another work of art here. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 11:38 PM   #28912
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Avatar is one of--if not the most--overrated films ever made. It's pretty to look at, but the story is predictable and weak. I expect the sequels will be the same.
I enjoyed it. But Star Wars is just as predictable and weak story but many enjoyed it.
Old 12-21-2022, 03:37 AM   #28913
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I enjoyed it. But Star Wars is just as predictable and weak story but many enjoyed it.
The One of the big reasons of the Original Trilogy was being a big hit; it had some of the biggest twists in cinema history. The antagonist Darth Vader turned out to be the Father of the Protogonist Luke Skywalker. No one predicted that, that was something unheard of back then. Leia turned out to be the twin sister of Luke was an another good twist that no one predicted as well.

Don't underestimate the power of the twist side...

Ofcourse i don't say you can't enjoy Avatar because there are no unpridictable twists in the Films... I mean there are so many people like you who really like Avatar, the box office is proof of that.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 11:51 AM   #28914
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
People have different tastes and opinions--shocker. For me, Avatar is definitely one of the most overrated films ever made. The story was ridiculously basic and predictable--if not downright lazy. The writing was meh, the acting was meh, but the visuals were unreal--which was the main feature of the film that was hyped up more than anything else when it came out.

I will concede that Avatar is my favorite film where the characters get to bang everything on the planet with their hair tentacles.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 12:15 PM   #28915
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
People have different tastes and opinions--shocker. For me, Avatar is definitely one of the most overrated films ever made. The story was ridiculously basic and predictable--if not downright lazy. The writing was meh, the acting was meh, but the visuals were unreal--which was the main feature of the film that was hyped up more than anything else when it came out.

I will concede that Avatar is my favorite film where the characters get to bang everything on the planet with their hair tentacles.

I remember there were people in the news when it left the theaters that were suicidal or depressed because they could no longer go see it and get lost in the "better" world that was on the screen.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 01:24 PM   #28916
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I remember there were people in the news when it left the theaters that were suicidal or depressed because they could no longer go see it and get lost in the "better" world that was on the screen.
Haha, I remember that as well.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 08:42 PM   #28917
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post

I remember that too. While I can?t stand the movie, I can?t discredit the amazing visuals and use of 3D. The beauty on the big screen is the only thing that make me kinda want to watch Way of Water in a theater, but as I haven?t bought a ticket yet I clearly don?t want to sit through garbage storytelling again.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 12:22 PM   #28918
statman
Baron Zemo

A Christmas Story Christmas - 8/10
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 01:06 PM   #28919
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Avatar is one of--if not the most--overrated films ever made. It's pretty to look at, but the story is predictable and weak. I expect the sequels will be the same.
I agree. It?s just Ferngully on steroids. Didn?t likevv CU it when I first saw it and never went back to it:
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 05:36 AM   #28920
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I felt like this is the same movie as the first one but with water. An over 3 hour movie about water with no bathroom breaks. I can't really critique certain characters without spoiling anything, so I won't. Lots of subplots that go all over the place, but look at the pretty water. I hope you like hearing overgrown smurfs call each other "Bro" a lot. James Cameron needs to stop obsessing over exploring the ocean and get back to making good movies again, but I hear he is making 3 more of these.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote