Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-10-2016, 12:08 PM   #911
sash501
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
But I believe they would be wise to update collectors prior to SS launching their Venom.
Absolutely. Prime 1 IMO is still not on many people's radar. Many collectors still just think of them as the Arkham Batman VG sculptors and although they look incredible, are very expensive.

If they're going to be offering a Venom in the relatively near future, they need to show something/anything, before the SS preorder goes up . . . which I think will be within the next 6 weeks.
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:25 PM   #912
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sash501 View Post
Absolutely. Prime 1 IMO is still not on many people's radar. Many collectors still just think of them as the Arkham Batman VG sculptors and although they look incredible, are very expensive.

If they're going to be offering a Venom in the relatively near future, they need to show something/anything, before the SS preorder goes up . . . which I think will be within the next 6 weeks.
There's no doubt at about 1K a pop they're more expense than SS, but keep in mind their DC statues are primarily in 1/3 scale. And even at that they're less expense than XM's 1/4 scale statues where N. American collectors are concerned. I don't pretend to know what Prime's 1/4 scale Marvel pricing will look like, but I do think it's a pretty safe bet it will fall somewhere between XM and SS.

I agree though, I think it's only a matter of weeks before we see a SS Venom pre-order.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:31 PM   #913
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I wish they would show the full Prime 1 Venom (even if it's unpainted) so I can choose the one I like the most.

At the current price point, the original comiquette is just not an option for me, even though it is my favorite.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:14 PM   #914
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I wish they would show the full Prime 1 Venom (even if it's unpainted) so I can choose the one I like the most.

At the current price point, the original comiquette is just not an option for me, even though it is my favorite.
I second the motion. Trying to make a determination on which one I will be picking up.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:09 PM   #915
Parallax
Nightwing

I'm interested in Prime 1's Venom. Out of the three, Prime 1 and Sideshow's are the only ones I'll be able to afford. As nice as the XM piece is, the thing I like the most about it is the Eddie Brock portrait. It's incredibly well done. I like the pose on Sideshow's better as it's super dynamic. If you thought Spider-Man leaping over a crane looked crazy, imagine a body not much smaller than the Hulk PF pulling off the same stunt. It is a very powerful and very Venom pose and it really blew me away. Having seen the Premium Format and Comiquette in person, I can say with 100% certainty that the Premium Format is my favorite of the two. Since so many people hate it so much I'd love a small edition size.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:22 PM   #916
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Sorry, how do you know you love the Prime 1 version? They've shown almost nothing picture wise.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:27 PM   #917
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
I'm interested in Prime 1's Venom. Out of the three, Prime 1 and Sideshow's are the only ones I'll be able to afford. As nice as the Prime 1 piece is, the thing I like the most about it is the Eddie Brock portrait. It's incredibly well done.
Sorry but do you mean XM? I don't believe P1 has had a reveal.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:50 PM   #918
Parallax
Nightwing

Fixed. I meant the XM Venom, not Prime 1.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:47 AM   #919
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I wasn't crazy about the texture and thought it was to much but after seeing it in person today I have to admit he was really impressive. Bigger than I imagined and the paints were really nice. The gloss will put it over the top. I think I'll be ordering.

Crap! I was not planning on getting this, but the more pics I see the more awesome it looks. This and the original comiquette are the best versions out there for this character. I am liking everything about this.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:01 AM   #920
Parallax
Nightwing

Not sure how easy it is to see, but the detail on the face, tongue, and teeth is incredible.