Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-18-2021, 04:33 PM   #31
FROBAY
Phoenix

Glad I ordered from BBTS, Shipping 4 bucks.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:19 AM   #32
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Glad I ordered from BBTS, Shipping 4 bucks.
BBTS usually upps the price up to make up for the shipping, but for some reason they didn't on this piece(somebody's getting fired).

Still, no tax and $180 weta dollars is still the better deal for me.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:55 PM   #33
T-Rex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Have you seen some pics around internet? Someone posted pics from the production piece. The painting looks horrible, specially in the chin and in the eyes lacrimas. Weta is going worst and worst everyday. I think they consider their customer as idi***...
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 05:36 PM   #34
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Have you seen some pics around internet? Someone posted pics from the production piece. The painting looks horrible, specially in the chin and in the eyes lacrimas. Weta is going worst and worst everyday. I think they consider their customer as idi***...
I saw images on another forum where the chin basically wasn't painted at all. I'd be sending that back.

I have Gandalf and the Ringwraith from their new Classic line and they both have great paint applications.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:34 PM   #35
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
What a ridiculous sensationalist statement. We've seen one statue. Every Weta piece I have is brilliant and well done. They do not think that of their customers either.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:21 AM   #36
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Their more recent stuff is far and away some their best so I don't know what you are talking about "worst and worst" everyday. I haven't seen the troll pics though, but first in hand pics are almost always terrible and never fails to get people freaked.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:18 PM   #37
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Strange that we've only seen this one in-hand statue. It's almost like it was finished too quickly and rushed out.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:01 AM   #38
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Strange that we've only seen this one in-hand statue. It's almost like it was finished too quickly and rushed out.
And I read that one is getting replaced so that isn't what they are supposed to look like.
Old 03-27-2021, 11:32 PM   #39
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Paint job on the troll looks awesome on the production piece that I saw based on the limited view in the picture. I love the textured effect they achieved on the skin.

I know most of you know this, but the jaw and neck area are supposed to be tanish, which is consistent with how numerous statue and toy companies have him painted, and simulates how it was in the movie. It’s a great variation of skin color.

I think this statue is one of the best LOTR statues ever. And in general Weta typically does great paint jobs on their production pieces, so I’m only expecting to like it even more when I see it in person.
moonlightdrive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:20 AM   #40
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Where was it posted?