Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 05-22-2011, 03:10 AM   #1
HulkvsAll
Kindly Asked To Leave

Who are the top 6 smartest characters in comics?

Put them in order and give reasons why..

What did they do to deserve the title of smartest?
HulkvsAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:43 AM   #2
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Thanos
Dr.Doom
Reed Richards
Lex Luthor

These are my top 4
Of course no list is complete without Brainiac.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

What's funny is all these smart dudes fall for really dumb stuff : P
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:02 AM   #4
Rocket
Art of Mod

Didn't Marvel officially list their Top Seven a couple years back in order to establish Amadeus Cho as Number Seven? Based on that it should be a matter of slotting the DC geniuses in where they fit
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:06 AM   #5
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Thanos
Dr.Doom
Reed Richards
Lex Luthor

These are my top 4
it always bugs me when people list Doom above Reed, the simple fact that Reed is smarter then Vic is why the bastard is evil in the first place
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:14 AM   #6
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
it always bugs me when people list Doom above Reed, the simple fact that Reed is smarter then Vic is why the bastard is evil in the first place
Vic built a time machine so there.:tounge:
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #7
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Didn't Marvel officially list their Top Seven a couple years back in order to establish Amadeus Cho as Number Seven? Based on that it should be a matter of slotting the DC geniuses in where they fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Marvel's list of 7 wasn't complete!!!
Where was Magneto on that list?
Where was Cable (or was he already dead at this point?)?
Where was the High Evolutionary? (or is he too much?)
All three are smarter than Tony Stark, Banner, and Henry McCoy (the Beast).

This is what was said in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe:
- Kingpin, Green Goblin (norman), Bruce Banner, Iron Man, and Black Panther (T'challa) = GENIUS.

- Magneto, Dr. Doom, Apocalypse, and Henry Pym = EXTRAORDINARY GENIUS.

- Cable, Thanos, High Evolutionary, and Reed Richards = SUPERHUMAN INTELLECT.

And Reed was considered to be the smartest of the non-cosmic beings in the Marvel U.

I don't know that much about DC, but I've heard Mr. Terrific claim to be the Third Smartest person in the World (Infinite Crisis #5), and I know both Lex Luthor and Brainiac are both up there...I also think the Braniac's from the Legion of Superheroes are among the smartest.
Peter-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

I put Doom ahead of Reed. What the heck has Reed ever done anyhow - suits of unstable molecules, discovered the Negative Zone? Hes got a longer list of failures

Doom has built armor second only to Tony Stark, built robots so lifelike you can't tell if it's the real Doom or not, made it back through time using only his wits and sorcery, stole the power cosmic from the Surfer and the Beyonder, used the power cosmic to return power to Tyros and sent him to battle the FF, stole Asgardians power and powered his own Destroyer to battle Thor, built the first time machine, is a master of sorcery and used to battle the devil every night for his mother's soul. No one rivals Doom

Reed can't even cure his friend of being the Thing. He did build Herbie though LOL
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
I put Doom ahead of Reed. What the heck has Reed ever done anyhow - suits of unstable molecules, discovered the Negative Zone? Hes got a longer list of failures

Doom has built armor second only to Tony Stark, built robots so lifelike you can't tell if it's the real Doom or not, made it back through time using only his wits and sorcery, stole the power cosmic from the Surfer and the Beyonder, used the power cosmic to return power to Tyros and sent him to battle the FF, stole Asgardians power and powered his own Destroyer to battle Thor, built the first time machine, is a master of sorcery and used to battle the devil every night for his mother's soul. No one rivals Doom

Reed can't even cure his friend of being the Thing. He did build Herbie though LOL
and what has Doom done with all of his supposed brilliance in the end except get his ass beat by everybody from Ant-Man-Squirrel Girl
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
Alex655321

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post

Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote