Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-21-2016, 09:26 PM   #41
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I agree with Built2. I happen to love that square looking jaw on this one. Not all girls have an oval or round face. I love variety on statues.

Also Medusa looks fierce which I love as well.

But I guess everyone has their "likes" and "don't likes"
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:41 PM   #42
iceprince_x
Deadman

The gripe here is that the statue is based on Luis Royo's work which has an oval look. I respect and love Wei's women but at this point, the line is supposed to follow a particular artist which I hope could have been followed. I am also eyeing the make-up because the art work shows a stronger eye shadow or smokey look into it.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:42 AM   #43
built2shred
Phoenix

Keep in mind to that the square looking jaw probably won't look so pronounced in person, close up pictures always exaggerate things
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:44 PM   #44
strife87
Spider-Ham

I like this take on ivy, she looks pretty good to me.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:07 PM   #45
Weiworks
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I don't think you want all the faces to look alike, I've seen girls with more chiseled faces vs the soft round face.. I personally like the verity in the faces.
We (Yamato and I) spend a lot of effort on the face. You can tell as the faces on my statues has been incredible in my opinion. It's my sculpting but it's heavily directed by Yamato, and it's greatly improved.

The face on Ivy does look a little wide on the jawline. But I think it is a result of the head being tilted back. My sculpt is a bit sharper. I would love to show you my sculpt images, but I need to get permission from Yamato first since it's a DC character.

Thanks, -Wei
Weiworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:43 AM   #46
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiworks View Post
We (Yamato and I) spend a lot of effort on the face. You can tell as the faces on my statues has been incredible in my opinion. It's my sculpting but it's heavily directed by Yamato, and it's greatly improved.

The face on Ivy does look a little wide on the jawline. But I think it is a result of the head being tilted back. My sculpt is a bit sharper. I would love to show you my sculpt images, but I need to get permission from Yamato first since it's a DC character.

Thanks, -Wei
That would be really cool to see your version... I've become a big fan of your work and Yamato's, for being 1/6 scale you guys add a lot of great details to the statues...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:40 PM   #47
Weiworks
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
That would be really cool to see your version... I've become a big fan of your work and Yamato's, for being 1/6 scale you guys add a lot of great details to the statues...
Thanks. Unfortunately I just found out that I can't show my work files for this statue. Sorry. -Wei
Weiworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:14 AM   #48
richardandtracy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

A shame, but perfectly understandable. Thanks for asking.

Regards,

Richard
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:15 PM   #49
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I love this piece and will definitely be adding it to my collection. Was also really impressed with the Wonder Woman as well, too bad I just couldn't stand the overall pose. I think the face and overall costume looked great. Again, just really don't like the pose on that one at all. Ivy on the other hand looks amazing and the jaw doesnt bother me at all. Sure, it could have been a bit more slender, but this is going to be a statue that is best displayed at an angle anyways, much like this picture:

So even if it did bother me, which it really doesnt, its easily solved by displaying her at an angle, which for me is definitely the single best angle for this statue. I pretty much love everything about it. The base could have been a bit more dynamic, but its not bad so thankfully it doesnt actually take away from the statue. Again, will definitely be adding this to my Yamato collection.

And while I will never complain of new DC female statues being released, I for one would love to see Yamato take on some of Dynamite's intellectual properties. The fact that one literally cannot buy a high quality Dejah Thoris statue at this point in the market is really nothing short of crazy. Had some really high hopes for the Women of Dynamite line but those were crushed completely by how poorly Vampirella came out. Am now hoping someone else will pick up the Dynamite line and create some amazing statues beyond Sonja and Vampirella. Again, would love to see Yamato go that route.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:23 PM   #50
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Hmm, talking about Vampirella, I wonder how Wei would design her, and also Harley...hehehe
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote