Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-27-2018, 02:57 PM   #101
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't mind a mix of eras at all. As long as we get a modern-ish version on the bigger characters if they go retro. ...I'm not really interested in a cape and dress version of Catwoman.

^Should be interesting to see how XM stacks up against this line...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:12 PM   #102
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
I think a lot of people are missing one simple point with all the nit picking speculations and doubts. And that is that finally collectors like myself and others can finally have a Dc universe of characters in statue form all in the same style and size range (whatever range that is dosent really matter to me, 1/6 or slightly bigger or smaller than 1/6 is irrelevant) as they will all look good together, and with more Heros and villains that have never been done before by anyone. No more will I have to suffer threw the so tired retreading of the same old Dc. Characters by other companies! Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Harly Quinn, Cat Woman, Poison ivy... rinse and repeat endlessly...oh and Batman again just caus ya know it’s Batman! I for one haven’t been excited about a line of statues like this in a long time, and while I have no problem with others raising there concerns and opinions about this line and company,(in fact it’s why I come here to learn things) I for one am just glad we have this line to speculate and nitpick about. Just saying!
Totally. For years, people asked Randy to aquire the DC license. Unfortunately, the powers that be did not let it happen. And although no one knows the future, it is good to see a company finally taking the plunge. You never know, this may be the next best thing. Time will tell.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:54 PM   #103
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
^Should be interesting to see how XM stacks up against this line...
I forgot XM even had the license since they’re doing nothing with it. They originally announced the DC license in October 2016 and then announced it was 1/6 in July. Six months later and still nothing.
haljordan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:06 PM   #104
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I forgot XM even had the license since they’re doing nothing with it. They originally announced the DC license in October 2016 and then announced it was 1/6 in July. Six months later and still nothing.
If it’s anything like their 1:4 scale license we won’t be seeing traditional interpretations of the characters we know but instead elseworlds type themes ala Samurai Batman/Joker.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:41 PM   #105
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

If XM Studios does make a1/6 DC line they will probably be like 400 bucks.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:53 PM   #106
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
If XM Studios does make a1/6 DC line they will probably be like 400 bucks.
Pretty close, if their pricing (the blame for which could equally fall on HMO) for the HX sixth scale Avengers line is any indication. I liked that line more than Sideshow's 1:5 Avengers Assemble one, but both are priced around the same as what a PF used to cost from what I remember seeing on BBTS and eBay.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:17 AM   #107
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Too rich for my blood. The max I'm willing to pay for newly released 1/6 pieces is $300. Not interested beyond that. I rather pay the mortgage.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:29 AM   #108
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

with 3D printing there are plenty of companies out there now
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:17 AM   #109
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

XM's style is not comics booky, it is highly detailed and realistic looking. I personally live the comic book look of Tweeterhead and Bowen. I don't like the XM and Prime One detailed statues. I am sure there are lots of people with me on this one.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:35 AM   #110
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
XM's style is not comics booky, it is highly detailed and realistic looking. I personally live the comic book look of Tweeterhead and Bowen. I don't like the XM and Prime One detailed statues. I am sure there are lots of people with me on this one.
XM doesn't really have a singular style yet, but I also wouldn't expect that from a company that assigns one individual sculptor per piece compared to Sideshow, which assigns entire teams of sculptors per piece. Tweeterhead and Bowen have strong creative direction and master painters like David Fisher that have helped define the style up the Super Powers line, but that's also due to the TH's kitschy subject matter and Bowen's appreciation for simplicity, even when doing characters in their modern costumes. XM has realistic (Cable) and Bowen-esque (Thor) pieces, both of which are very assured efforts, as are TH's Classic comic Batman pieces compared to their '66 television series ones. I wouldn't classify any company really, with obvious exceptions like Electric Tiki or Tsume, by one set of strengths.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote