Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 05-20-2006, 06:17 AM   #1
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Finally, a completed line!!

Ok, I know some of you are going to contest the title, seeing as there's the other Ultimate characters in the Ultimate line, and that fruity weapon X SE of Logan.

HOWEVER, Im sticking to my guns when I say that I have finally completed the Ultimate X-Men line. This is the set that got me started in collecting, way back with Ultimate Cyclops SE.

I finally managed to find a great seller who had BOTH the Ultimate Beast SE 47, and the Ultimate Nightcrawler SE 104ish. Both were in brand new, unopened condition.

The total price for both and shipping was £140. The most I paid for one of these busts was £53 for Storm a couple of months back. However, I did a commissioned logo for a website/stationery this month and got paid £80 for it, so asked the dude to put in into the bust costs - so I only really paid £30 per bust :-)

Sorry, the pics are really bad, its a really sunny day in this area and so the highlights are very bright. But Im liking the positioning of how I laid them out - all the heroes standing against Magneto, holding the burnt X-Mansion flag. Did he finally go over the edge and kill Xavier? The battle damaged Mags has blood all over his left arm, which ties in with the blood on Wolverine SE's claws!

I think Ill either go with having them lined up side by side in a cabinet display, or as they are in the pics, maybe with Mags raised up in the middle, in a glass display case in a part of the room where you can walk all the way around it.

At any rate, the pics:

I can rest easy now. Ive got all the ones I wanted in the line. I was interested in Spidey and the Ultimate Thor. But the scale issues for Thor show that it cant be displayed with the rest and the Spidey bust isnt that great, especially as I have the DST Spiderman bust which fits with this line really well anyways.

Now to get the last 3 Evolution Maquettes and all but one of the Astonishing line!! After that, its just 1/4 scale and Sideshow for me from whats out there right now.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
ashley76
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

My only problem with this line is the scale! It is so wackly out of scale that I have stayed away from these. But if you like them cool. Glad you completed your goal. Nice!
ashley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #3
Colossal

Thanks ashley.

Thats the thing, I started on this scale. When I ordered the Astonishing X-Men Cyclops bust, which is more in scale with Bowen, I was really disappointed at first - it to me was way out of scale!

I havent bought any Bowen's yet but hope a great piece comes along. But the scale they make wouldnt be an issue, I just wouldnt display in the same place as these guys.

But you are right, Ast. Cyclops is tiny compared to his Ultimate counterpart!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:56 AM   #4
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Very cool!

So you can rest now, but only until you get the bug for the next line you've got to have!!!
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 02:57 PM   #5
Colossal

lol, so true Mastermold.

The Evolution line I just started collecting shouldnt be too hard to get the last remaining 3 pieces. Thats the one I have more concern with as the Astonishing line is new so should be easy to complete. For the evolution set, Ive seen Storm and Cap all over the place, so looking for a good price. Its just the Wolvie I havent seen around yet.

Looking at the pile of boxes in the corner of my room, Im beginning to wonder if Im going a bit overboard with these statues and busts!
Old 05-20-2006, 03:19 PM   #6
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Overboard? Nah, it's all in good fun!
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:50 AM   #7
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Where's your Ultimate Hulk?
Old 05-24-2006, 02:48 PM   #8
Colossal

Im not getting the Hulk, Thor, Nick Fury or Spiderman because of the scale issues, and they arent x-men ;-)

The Cap I bought because he looked cool and the Evolution line also has cap.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:10 PM   #9
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal
Im not getting the Hulk, Thor, Nick Fury or Spiderman because of the scale issues, and they arent x-men ;-)

The Cap I bought because he looked cool and the Evolution line also has cap.
I thought the ultimate Thor was one of the best ones.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #10
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow
I thought the ultimate Thor was one of the best ones.
I picked up the ultimate thor, too nice of a bust to let go
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote