Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-05-2021, 05:52 PM   #261
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I don't mind that they gave us a Tim/Damian head sculpt. I know that it's lazy, but SS really took so long to give us a Robin PF. So then if they came out with a new robin each year it would take several more years to finally get the one you wanted.

I think they did it in a cool way, but i'm not so heavily a purist because I know SS ends up doing there own tweak of it.

Cause in the end I think we will get a Night wing and Red hood eventually, but how likely would we get a Red Robin ?
I think it's more likely they do a straight up Damian PF later as he is the most current Robin. I doubt we'll see Tim after this unless they do something with him in the comics. Dan Didio did everything to make Tim irrelevant even though he was once one of the most popular robins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I don't think Red Robin is likely at all. Just don't see it happening, maybe if the character were a lady.
Agreed. I do wonder if they will do a Cassandra Cain in any of her different incarnations. I love Cass.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:08 PM   #262
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I don't mind that they gave us a Tim/Damian head sculpt. I know that it's lazy, but SS really took so long to give us a Robin PF. So then if they came out with a new robin each year it would take several more years to finally get the one you wanted.
That would be perfectly fine. Characters like Magneto, Flash, Cable and Juggernaut just came out within the last 2 years. There’s still no Nightcrawler or Nightwing, complete FF, Loki, Beast, War Machine, Two Face, Blade, Riddler, Ghost Rider, etc. Don’t even have a well rounded Batman really. We collect Sideshow statues so unfortunately we know what it is to wait lol

Years from now there may be a proper Damian. Maybe XM will make it? For now I’ll settle for this PF. Ian’s when that day comes this PF will be strictly Tim for me and I’ll display both Tim and Damian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I don't think Red Robin is likely at all. Just don't see it happening, maybe if the character were a lady.
Breasts or featured in a popular movie. That’s the only way. In a perfect world SS would’ve released Nightwing, Red Robin Tim and Robin Damian instead of more Batgirls, Harleys and Catwomen (even if I admittedly do like the latest versions lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Replacement Tim Drake headsculpt on the way.

Didn't say anything about destroying the other head, which is interesting. Maybe it can join my collection of destroyed yet glued back together heads I keep in my office.
Nice! Figured it would work out but glad it did.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:19 PM   #263
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Breasts or featured in a popular movie. That’s the only way. In a perfect world SS would’ve released Nightwing, Red Robin Tim and Robin Damian instead of more Batgirls, Harleys and Catwomen (even if I admittedly do like the latest versions lol).
I'm still surprised they did a Batwoman, a year before the show aired, no less. I'm glad they did, I really like that character design and the colors are great. I added her before any Batman.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:48 PM   #264
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
That would be perfectly fine. Characters like Magneto, Flash, Cable and Juggernaut just came out within the last 2 years. There’s still no Nightcrawler or Nightwing, complete FF, Loki, Beast, War Machine, Two Face, Blade, Riddler, Ghost Rider, etc. Don’t even have a well rounded Batman really. We collect Sideshow statues so unfortunately we know what it is to wait lol

Years from now there may be a proper Damian. Maybe XM will make it? For now I’ll settle for this PF. Ian’s when that day comes this PF will be strictly Tim for me and I’ll display both Tim and Damian.

Nice! Figured it would work out but glad it did.
I am going with the XM Samurai Robin as my Damian and will display the hooded portrait, batarang in the right hand, and sword/blade in the left hand. It is close enough for me.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:13 PM   #265
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I am going with the XM Samurai Robin as my Damian and will display the hooded portrait, batarang in the right hand, and sword/blade in the left hand. It is close enough for me.
That actually sounds pretty cool. The one character I think XM should most definitely release in the Samurai line is Ra's al Ghul. He's the perfect character for it. Not only would he fit into the Samurai line....I think he could fit into any DC lineup with the right head sculpt.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:22 PM   #266
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
That actually sounds pretty cool. The one character I think XM should most definitely release in the Samurai line is Ra's al Ghul. He's the perfect character for it. Not only would he fit into the Samurai line....I think he could fit into any DC lineup with the right head sculpt.
Thanks. I love the sculpted cape on the XM piece as well.

And a Ra's al Ghul would be an awesome addition. Someday, someone will make him.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:43 PM   #267
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Thanks. I love the sculpted cape on the XM piece as well.

And a Ra's al Ghul would be an awesome addition. Someday, someone will make him.
If anything, the Ace chemical ooze should give a hint of how cool a Ra's could be. Bright green Lazarus pit goo, darker green and gold outfit, ornate sword, maybe some neon green tattoos/veins/accents like in the Arkham games. A calm portrait and a Lazarus madness portrait, too easy.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:54 PM   #268
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I really like this Robin but definitely seems like a character they will re-visit.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:02 PM   #269
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I really like this Robin but definitely seems like a character they will re-visit.
I think so too, but I doubt we'll get another Tim. Probably Damian in his actual costume and maybe an old school Dick Grayson.

Being I'm a fan of Tim, this is the one for me.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:10 PM   #270
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Replacement head arrived in perfect condition.

Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote