Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 04-11-2021, 06:32 AM   #61
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Looks awesome but what's up with the price, it's almost twice as much as Thrall.

Does "Special Event Item" mean it's a timed release/edition?
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:11 AM   #62
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
How do you think this statue price of Lich King is going to affect their future statues? I mean if ever they could get away with this price jump, it's on this character. But I'm not so sure they will go down to $500 or so anymore after this. I have a feeling every statue they make will probably be around $700 after this. If not, then figures still pushing close to 1K.
Exactly this will affect everything forward, to expensive for average Blizzard fans.

Im not a statue 'collector' anymore (one company/brand/serie/line). Atm only buy awesome standalone statues once a while.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #63
Mori
Doh!

Quote:
How do you think this statue price of Lich King is going to affect their future statues? I mean if ever they could get away with this price jump, it's on this character. But I'm not so sure they will go down to $500 or so anymore after this. I have a feeling every statue they make will probably be around $700 after this. If not, then figures still pushing close to 1K.
I think it depends on how many units they move versus something like Lilith / Thrall. If it hits discount bin like thrall, I don't think they will keep that price forward.

I also do not think they will introduce a statue a month during this "Event". Very few people have such deep pockets to drop 1k on each month.
Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 03:16 PM   #64
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I think the idea behind the pricing for this is that it's a more "elite" piece, of higher quality than their other statues.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 03:25 PM   #65
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I think the idea behind the pricing for this is that it's a more "elite" piece, of higher quality than their other statues.
Overall I've been pretty impressed with the quality of their WoW statues, so it'll be interesting to see what they bring to the table to justify such a price.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:07 PM   #66
NFiniteMage111
Frackin!

Quote:

Man, imagine if they pump out some some Starcraft/Protoss characters or some crazy Diablo/Malthael statue or something. The sky is the limit with the Vault line they opened up. Still I'm betting out of the 12 months they do this, probably only 3 statues at most for those months.
Tbh, the Thrall statue is indeed a very good statue. I don't have the Lilith but I heard its very impressive in-person as well. So as long as the quality is there to match the price especially when compared with what we see with other premium statue companies.

I would love for them to push out new statues regularly throughout the year instead of only one per Blizzcon like it has been as there are just so many great characters for them to make. However, a new one every month would be tough on the wallet but if they're not $1000 every time I could probably do it.

I'd be curious what they would do with a Starcraft or Diablo 4 one. There are a lot of other great characters from the Warcraft universe they could do too.
NFiniteMage111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:53 PM   #67
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I have the Lilith statue and it's amazing!! I have Illidan, Grom, and Sylvanas as well. And yes while the quality is there, I'd like to see them change to full polystone instead of polyresin to justify the price hikes. They usually have polystone bases though.

I had a freak accident with Sylvanas a few years ago where an air purifer on the ground literally fell over into into the storage unit with Sylvanas and it broke off both arms and a thumb....... It really opened my eyes to how fragile the blizzard pieces probably are. Mind you it might have still broke if it was polystone, but I'd like to think it wouldn't have been such a destructive outcome...

Either way I glued the arms back on with Gorilla Glue, and they've held since, but I'm still triggered by the incident.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:26 PM   #68
NFiniteMage111
Frackin!

Looks like there was a restock its back up to 209.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:00 PM   #69
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFiniteMage111 View Post
Looks like there was a restock its back up to 209.
Could be canceled orders... and I am showing 122 remaining.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:02 PM   #70
NFiniteMage111
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Could be canceled orders... and I am showing 122 remaining.
Strange, I checked yesterday as well and it was at 74. Just checked now and it says 206, so 3 less than what I saw earlier now.