Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-28-2021, 08:56 PM   #71
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Hmm...there are some great aspects here (the base, the face sculpt) BUT the real clothes and hair make this look a little sloppy when it is not perfectly in place.

Overall, these hyperreal busts (especially at their high price points) just aren't for me (although the Wonder Woman pieces look really nice).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 09:22 PM   #72
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Honestly part of me wishes I didn’t get into the collecting game until recently. That way I could’ve concentrated my collection towards these higher quality pieces. As I personally prefer these 1/2 scale and life size pieces over all my 1/4 and 1/3 scale pieces that I have in my collection.

I know I could just offload all my older pieces, but the thought of losing that much money turns me off.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:59 AM   #73
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I don't think you would lose that much money, you should get retail or higher for most 1/4 scale pieces. I just picked up Iron Studios 1/4 scale Black Panther yesterday for retail price so really happy.

But yeah, these busts are sucking my funds fast. I'm probably tapped out now for a few months while I catch up. I don't think there is anything on the horizon anyway.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:53 AM   #74
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

no comment
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:46 AM   #75
Shoo
Hercules

Review by CheeThai Huah (Primo Collectibles) on YouTube. Look for this title:

INCREDIBLY REALISTIC ! Henry Cavill Superman Justice League bust by Infinity Studio
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:30 PM   #76
Brandon
The X-Men

Amazing! Quality looks pretty much the same as the proto.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:47 PM   #77
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Very nice.

And oddly enough I loved that it came in only two boxes, with one of them quite small. As the Batman was three boxes and I embarrassingly enough consider the size and how many boxes a piece is nowadays before making a purchase.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:24 PM   #78
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Very nice.

And oddly enough I loved that it came in only two boxes, with one of them quite small. As the Batman was three boxes and I embarrassingly enough consider the size and how many boxes a piece is nowadays before making a purchase.
The box situation is getting out of hand at my place. Considering I've never sold a statue, I'm thinking of culling them down. When this Batman Bust arrives, I don't think I'm going to hold onto 3 large boxes.....
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 04:25 AM   #79
pdenham
Teen Titans

Everything looks great in that video- even better to me than the early con pics of the prototype.

But the biggest takeaway I got from it was just how insane the size of that box is.
Purchasing one of these means not just having space to comfortably display it- it means needing double the space to be able to keep the box and packing material. For most people, at least.

Cost of ownership on this stuff, in terms of the tax it takes on your living space, has become much higher than I ever anticipated when I first started collecting.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:32 AM   #80
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
The box situation is getting out of hand at my place. Considering I've never sold a statue, I'm thinking of culling them down. When this Batman Bust arrives, I don't think I'm going to hold onto 3 large boxes.....
I know exactly how you both feel, box storage space is probably more of a problem for me than display space! It's tempting just to bin the boxes but it does effect the resale value (I swear some collectors value the boxes more than the piece itself!) or at least make it much harder to sell.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote