Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-03-2020, 12:11 PM   #571
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Queen bust is better IMO. As others have already stated, the forehead/hair on this one is just "off".
Not only all that but QS has acrylic teeth
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:21 AM   #572
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I dunno about the forehead, but these new pics I found shows that Gadot does have a pushed back hairline and wide forehead indeed..

Maybe in the movie they do a certain hairdo that covered that forehead or any movie magic, but this is an actual pic of her with her natural real hairline.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3127.PNG
Views:	134
Size:	564.5 KB
ID:	133725   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3131.PNG
Views:	157
Size:	660.9 KB
ID:	133726  
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:51 AM   #573
Brandon
The X-Men

Idk, the forehead region on this piece is definitely off. But everything else is perfect imo.

My problem is, it was easily fixable, and IS should've done so. You can't charge a premium price and then deliver substandard quality. Collectors who bought this should put pressure on them to recall and remedy this issue.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:57 AM   #574
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Idk, the forehead region on this piece is definitely off. But everything else is perfect imo.

My problem is, it was easily fixable, and IS should've done so. You can't charge a premium price and then deliver substandard quality. Collectors who bought this should put pressure on them to recall and remedy this issue.
Well, if the problem is the hairline, then based on that pic, the hairline is pretty accurate, actually. But if the shape of the forehead is the problem, then it's a different story, it will not be an easy fix.

I will be happy if they add more hair to fill the hairline, just slightly, of course, but with what we're getting now, I am more than happy as well!

It's very lifelike, and likeness is there, so I am all good.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:14 AM   #575
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Or maybe they can just make the tiara slightly bigger to reduce the gap?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:24 AM   #576
lighterheaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Or maybe they can just make the tiara slightly bigger to reduce the gap?
That can do as well.. but then the hardcore fans will say "the tiara is not accurate! it's too big!" XD
But probably like what you said, slightly bigger, not that much, so people won't notice the change of size..
Old 10-04-2020, 03:30 AM   #577
becakbagus
Hellboy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
I dunno about the forehead, but these new pics I found shows that Gadot does have a pushed back hairline and wide forehead indeed..

Maybe in the movie they do a certain hairdo that covered that forehead or any movie magic, but this is an actual pic of her with her natural real hairline.
Oh my God, her forehead is so wide....
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:55 AM   #578
lighterheaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by becakbagus View Post
Oh my God, her forehead is so wide....
Yes, quite shocking isn't it? her hairline is way back. So actually the bust itself is pretty accurate..
Imagine placing the tiara in her forehead in that picture, there will be a lot of exposed forehead skin that is not covered by the tiara.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:11 AM   #579
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
Well, if the problem is the hairline, then based on that pic, the hairline is pretty accurate, actually. But if the shape of the forehead is the problem, then it's a different story, it will not be an easy fix.

I will be happy if they add more hair to fill the hairline, just slightly, of course, but with what we're getting now, I am more than happy as well!

It's very lifelike, and likeness is there, so I am all good.
Well, we can't deny it's a big forehead on your photos... Confusing. As you said, maybe the shape of the forehead is wrong on the bust?
Anyway, so so glad I didn't order one of these bust ( IS or QS), because thanks to the final price ( near 5K with shipping and taxes) it would be a real storm in my head right now, and for weeks...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:33 AM   #580
lighterheaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Well, we can't deny it's a big forehead on your photos... Confusing. As you said, maybe the shape of the forehead is wrong on the bust?
Anyway, so so glad I didn't order one of these bust ( IS or QS), because thanks to the final price ( near 5K with shipping and taxes) it would be a real storm in my head right now, and for weeks...
Yes, it's quite shocking for me to see the photos as well, she does indeed have a high forehead. We can actually see it in the Amazon training scene, where she has her hair tied up, she shows her high forehead.

About the weird forehead shape, I still think it's a lens distortion, as it's pretty tricky to record or take a photo of this bust due to the nature of the pose. In the review video, I didn't see that the forehead has any issue at all.

As for the final price, WOW! that is crazy! near 5K is too much, I think, for these piece.. however, the ready stock for IS WW price has reached that price now (at least the only one seller I found on eBay).
Crazy!