Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-07-2022, 09:22 PM   #301
COI

This is a weird one for me.

I might have to wait to see what this looks like in-hand. Because I love the sculpt, but I just can't wrap my head around that base.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:39 PM   #302
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
These rare moments when you know at the split of a second,
this is the one! The one you have always unknowingly waited for.
The Dark Knight does not have to please everyone, it was never intended for that.
It is unique just like the comic and I?m grateful for that.

Exactly this Savage. Was never looking for a DKR bats, & surely never expected this, but knew.

Still waiting for a classic Bats, but this beautiful take, lit/illuminating, displayed amongst the rogue crew(?), will be eye opening.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 01:05 PM   #303
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
This is a weird one for me.

I might have to wait to see what this looks like in-hand. Because I love the sculpt, but I just can't wrap my head around that base.

As collectors, (& especially with these prices!), we tend to gravitate towards the familiar, & our favourites, which is fine, but also safe.

I've done so myself in the past, and found that I ended up with multiples of my "favourite' characters, in different scales, dioramas,...etc. But then one day, I realized that not all works/statues could be considered equally good in quality, regardless if my favourite characters.

Long story short, I got rid of excess, especially repeats that didn't live up, and started collecting characters/styles which were previously outside my radar/comfort/tastes range, again, especially at these prices! I obviously only bought what I deemed good, & since the collecting strategy change, the journey has never been more thrilling, expanding, surprising, or fun.

This DKR Bats I believe will live up to expectations, but more importantly, will surprise us in some unexpected ways, and therefore expand our collecting range.

It's all in the surprise. I hope.
Old 01-08-2022, 01:29 PM   #304
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Honest question, Divo, are you affiliated with Sideshow or this piece in some way? I've never seen someone pump a preorder so hard, for any item, on any medium.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:05 PM   #305
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post
Can anyone confirm if he's magnetic or keyed in?

I think a magnet would work BEST*

Especially with that MASSIVE Iceberg bolt!

Otherwise a key plug where his booty is, is deff guna look off from the side profile view...

Anyone remember how Thanos on the throne keyed in*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I'll be completely shocked if a magnet can hold that much weight. Almost surely be keyed in.
Definitely keyed.

I think this looks great but not interested in having it in my collection. Congrats to collectors ordering it
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:29 AM   #306
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsensine View Post
Honest question, Divo, are you affiliated with Sideshow or this piece in some way? I've never seen someone pump a preorder so hard, for any item, on any medium.
Before I can answer, you'd have to convince me that you're not some kind of trolling, low-brow, conspiracy peddling freak? Ah what the hell, I'll take my chances, & answer your "honest" question. And then, I'll have two questions of my own.

No man, I don't work for Sideshow. My story is pretty straightforward. I support the company that makes the products I collect, I post the joy, and hope for more. Simple. Besides, the surprisingly quick order date release by Sideshow indicates good fan feedback, so i don't think Sideshow needs any help selling this thing.

Here's how you can be sure.

If I was working for Sideshow(?), you can bet your sweet arse that we'd have a fully sculpted, single portrait, charging, fist swinging, vein pulsing, hyper detailed, classic/modern HULK!!!!!!

And to ensure success, I'd have Bel, Harbottle, Canale, Grasetti, all of them(!) sculpt their own versions. Once works are submitted & judged? All rejects would be immediately destroyed, and the offending sculptors shot on sight.

Now you Know.
Old 01-09-2022, 09:52 AM   #307
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Definitely keyed.

I think this looks great but not interested in having it in my collection. Congrats to collectors ordering it
I think someone on insta mentioned he?s keyed in on his cape* which makes me relieved it?s not in his bum!
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:57 AM   #308
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post
I think someone on insta mentioned he?s keyed in on his cape* which makes me relieved it?s not in his bum!
Actually, that makes a lot of sense.

Right where the cape bends is likely where the peg is. You can see the placement I mean in a few different angles but that should hopefully mask the peg quite well. I wouldn't be too concerned about that and the peg is likely quite large to prevent leaning and such.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 12:37 PM   #309
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Before I can answer, you'd have to convince me that you're not some kind of trolling, low-brow, conspiracy peddling freak?
Well, I have 46 posts in 2.5 years, so if I'm a troll, at least I'm an inactive one. Anyway, I'm just saying that constantly calling something a masterpiece (based off of a single promotional pic, no less) and dominating a thread with posts with unprovable unknowable things (such as how people will only like it more in the future, how we will be so excited to have it on our shelves, etc. etc.) isn't really productive discussion--it's more the tactics of certain car salesmen. I guess I'm just suggesting that you tone it down a tad. Cheers.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 12:41 PM   #310
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsensine View Post
Well, I have 46 posts in 2.5 years, so if I'm a troll, at least I'm an inactive one. Anyway, I'm just saying that constantly calling something a masterpiece (based off of a single promotional pic, no less) and dominating a thread with posts with unprovable unknowable things (such as how people will only like it more in the future, how we will be so excited to have it on our shelves, etc. etc.) isn't really productive discussion--it's more the tactics of certain car salesmen. I guess I'm just suggesting that you tone it down a tad. Cheers.
Nothing wrong with voicing an opinion on something you're excited about, we can all make our own decisions so it isn't harmful
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote