Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-31-2022, 06:55 PM   #961
Saturius
Doh!

I'm surprised the Leia piece hasn't been popular. It's one of the best pieces they've ever done and certainly one of the best Leia statues imo. The price was good too. Got her months ago and was very pleased.
Saturius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 03:13 PM   #962
Shallow_
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

A warning to any Gentle Giant Sucker Punch Babydoll owners, or potential buyers.

I know this is an old series, but just thought id warn you fellow mwmbers.

I recently was stupid enough to touch the tip of the sword on one of my babydoll statues, resulting in it breaking off

A few weeks ago i decided to jump on a replacement off ebay, a brand new in box of the same statue.

received it last week, and decided to mount it today.

As i was inserting the sword into the statue, small pieces started crumbling off, and a small piece broke off and got stuck in the statue. it stuck out enough for me to be able to get it out with some pliers.

I tries scraping the remaining pice a bit to make it smaller and try again, but as i did the piece that goes into the statue broke off the sword just as it did on my other one.

It is obvious that this is the result of deterioration over time, and that whatever metal has been used for this, did not stand the test of time.

just a heads up, for anyone either considering purchasing one, or who has one and is thinking of disassembling.. probably wont end well
Shallow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 12:28 PM   #963
BesottedOrb
Doh!

Hello there,

I have been on a buying spree and bought lots of Gentle Giant stuff, haven't seen too much of these anywhere else so figure I'd post them.
Mandalorian and Child 1/7 statue

Mandalorian 1/7 statue

3D Legends Boba Fett & Kylo Ren busts

3D Legends First Order trooper bust

Milestone Stormtrooper statue

I am really impressed with all the statues and busts, I never owned Gentle Giant before. Especially the Milestone statue is excellent. I also have a Boba Fett milestone statue and a stormtrooper bust coming.
I'm sorry for the absolute huge pictures
BesottedOrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 12:57 PM   #964
BesottedOrb
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Just got her in. Ordered direct from GG. Surprised they still had the EX available. This is my first journey into 1/6 , but actually really needed a bookend, and thought it my work

Very impressed with this piece and it?s actually one of my favorites out of my collection now. Likeness is about 90%, quality overall is excellent. Works PERFECT as a bookend!

Edit: sorry for the potatoes pics, had to snap it in lowlight with my phone
Leia looks great! Too bad it's really expensive nowadays
BesottedOrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 01:07 AM   #965
MikemBHD
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Anyone know if the scout on speeder bike , han and luke on tauntaun , boba fett withbhannin carbonite , and rancor and handler statues will fit 1/10 scale with iron studios ?
MikemBHD is offline   Reply With Quote