Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-07-2022, 07:20 PM   #101
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Dr Strange 2 was WAY better than Thor Ragnarok. I enjoyed it a lot and was excited to watch it.

I feel that Disney took the flop of Dark World and overcompensated. Thor is not comedy. The God Butcher is not comedy. Ragnarok shouldn’t have been comedy. Captain America movies were serious and were great. Thor is just a joke.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:38 PM   #102
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Dr Strange 2 was WAY better than Thor Ragnarok. I enjoyed it a lot and was excited to watch it.

I feel that Disney took the flop of Dark World and overcompensated. Thor is not comedy. The God Butcher is not comedy. Ragnarok shouldn?t have been comedy. Captain America movies were serious and were great. Thor is just a joke.
And this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone by now. You said before that you had a bad feeling about this movie. It should be much more than that. It should be a 100% conviction.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:58 PM   #103
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh please don’t mistake my wishing of what-it-could-be with me knowing-what-it-is I’m just sadden that Thor is a joke. It’s almost to the point it’s not even a Popcorn Flick.

Like Iron Man 3. (cue Chris Stevens and his hate ). It’s soooo bad. Like never even considering to watch it again. How does it go so left when it was so good? The first Thor was GREAT….and now….man.

But like i said, I will see it. I’m hoping it at least becomes a 5/10. Are you going to see it, ParisDean? I know you usually watch some pretty legit films.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:49 PM   #104
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I do plan on seeing the movie this weekend. And I plan on laughing a lot. But I definitely don't plan on being surprised--which would be any rating higher than 7/10.

Do I wish the humor was toned back down to the level of the first Thor movie? Of course. But this franchise has outgrown us hardcore fans and goofy Thor is what the general audience who don't read the comics want.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 09:43 PM   #105
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Saw it tonight. I liked Ragnarok quite a bit, and I would place Love & Thunder below it. It was a fun watch, and while I do like the humor, it does get to be a bit much. Anyone who was lukewarm on Ragnarok probably won't feel better about this one.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 12:02 AM   #106
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

For reference, I loved Ragnarok, thought it had the right balance of action/drama/comedy. But I was worried with Love & Thunder after Taika said he really pushed the boundaries of silliness.
This movie felt more of a parody for me, think Monty Python humour, that's what it was.
Christian Bale was brilliant, loved the opening scene until he meets his god, then the parody Monty Python sketch begins. Was so disappointed. Poor Christian, awesome villian, bought his "A GAME" to his role, only to be faced with slapstick comedy, he deserved better. My rating is 5/10, It has a few good one liners, addresses some serious story lines with Jane, but overall a "joke" of a movie.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 01:08 AM   #107
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Thought it was fun as hell.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 04:53 AM   #108
Frankierock
Omega Red

I enjoyed it a lot..yes I could have done without all the extra none needed slapstick humor but definitely had some funny moments. Overall I’d say it was a 7/10. And yes Bale was awesome to say the least.
Will say wasn’t as excited to see that new character introduced as some were at the end..I’ll leave it at that.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 08:00 AM   #109
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Lots of people in here liking the film. That's good! I have looked up nothing as to the character that is introduced. Those surprises are always fun.

Given that nobody has said I will love a certain point in the movie, I assume that Storm and/or Stormcaster did not make a cameo?? The movie will get one full rating point if it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
For reference, I loved Ragnarok, thought it had the right balance of action/drama/comedy. But I was worried with Love & Thunder after Taika said he really pushed the boundaries of silliness.
This movie felt more of a parody for me, think Monty Python humour, that's what it was.
Christian Bale was brilliant, loved the opening scene until he meets his god, then the parody Monty Python sketch begins. Was so disappointed. Poor Christian, awesome villian, bought his "A GAME" to his role, only to be faced with slapstick comedy, he deserved better. My rating is 5/10, It has a few good one liners, addresses some serious story lines with Jane, but overall a "joke" of a movie.
Bale's casting is what gave me some shred of hope that this movie would be serious. As I read your review, I feel like you're predicting my future

Oh well, it will be what it will be. My friend Luke will LOVE it because he hated the dark seriousness of Doctor Strange 2. He said "I prefer my Marvel movies to be more light." Yea, well, not me man. I like a little realism and depth. So we will be flipped on movie enjoyment, which is OK because I will always have DS2
Old 07-08-2022, 09:53 AM   #110
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Bale's Gorr was a very good villain. I thought Love and Thunder was the last film of Chris Hamsworth as MCU's Thor and Natali Portman would be the new Thor of MCU but i couldn't be any more wrong.

My eyes were kind of watered at the end of the film. It had so much humor like Ragnerog but Love and Thunder could turn itself around and became serious at some parts. Especially all the parts with Gorr. 8/10
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote