Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-17-2019, 11:42 AM   #241
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Pattison is a lot darker than people give him credit for. I was hesitant about Affleck, but grew to adore him as Batman. He is pretty lean, so I hope he can get a little bulkier. Kinda like Bale can change per role.

Let's face it - most Batman castings have been decent. Nobody but Clooney was atrocious and I'm not sure if it was him OR the total sh!tshow of that movie. I'm taking RP with a grain of salt and if the movie looks good - I will give them my money.
No one has fully embidied the role yet.

Keaton was ok, but I never liked his Bruce and those films are flawed.

Never bought Kilmer as Batman.

Clooney was neither.

Bale was great until he spoke as Batman.

Affleck looked like Batman but nothing he did acting wise made me think he was ever anything but Affleck, and the warehouse scene could have been done by anyone, I give that to the stunt and fight teams.

This....this is just a gross miscast in my opinion. Nothing he's done since twilight has made me think, "oh, lets give him a role" in anything.

Usually I'm fairly openminded to casting. I didn't mind Ledger, I was fine with Gadot, I never doubted the Marvel castings.

Like I said previous, I'd have been fine with Hoult.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:02 PM   #242
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Oh for fvcks sake. What the hell kind of casting is that? He's going to have to wear a goofy foam muscle suit like the dumb ass Shazam movie. He's way too skinny. I can't see him bulking up enough for the role and I can't even see him in the mask. DC really knows how to screw the pooch.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:14 PM   #243
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I can't see him bulking up enough for the role and I can't even see him in the mask.

Nice mock-up by Jonathan Arnette:

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #244
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I can't believe this. It's almost as bad as when they were thinking of Nicholas Cage as Superman.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:32 PM   #245
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m sure it’s also only a matter of time until they announce Josh Gad in the role of Penguin.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:32 PM   #246
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I’m sure it’s also only a matter of time until they announce Josh Gad in the role of Penguin.
Don't give them ideas...
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #247
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Just saw the news. As a lifetime Batfan, I'm fine with this. No one sounds right for Bats until we see them pulling it off on screen. Pattinson has the presence and acting chops to make it work and he certainly has the looks for a young Bruce. That's the hard part. Looking cool in a batsuit is easy. I see cosplayers at cons that pull that off. Just need a good script and it'll be fine folks.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:55 PM   #248
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Just saw the news. As a lifetime Batfan, I'm fine with this. No one sounds right for Bats until we see them pulling it off on screen. Pattinson has the presence and acting chops to make it work and he certainly has the looks for a young Bruce. That's the hard part. Looking cool in a batsuit is easy. I see cosplayers at cons that pull that off. Just need a good script and it'll be fine folks.
Just remember the same thing was said for Ryan Reynolds when he was cast as Green Lantern.

Just saying.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:35 PM   #249
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

I really like this. I think Pattinson is a decent actor and made some really interesting career choices, especially recently. I´m particularly excited to see his work in "The Lighthouse".

A lot of people that are overreacting can´t even name another film that he worked on without googling it besides the Twilight and Harry Potter franchises.

Ledger, Keaton, Gadot, Affleck, Evans, Ruffalo, even Hugh Jackman were all heavily criticized when casted. I thought people would have learned to wait and see before making any early assumptions by now.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:58 PM   #250
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

It could work.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote