Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-12-2019, 01:44 PM   #11
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Well, the original Flash title ran 350 issues, Wally's Flash title ran (I think) ran 232 issues, Flash then had a 12 issue run prior to NU52, NU52 ran 52 issues (I think) and the current title is on 84. I only came up with 730 issues. Now they might be counting the Bart Allen Flash series also and maybe The Flash-Rebirth mini series also.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #12
Gothamite
Phoenix

The problem with going back to "legacy" numbering for some titles is that New 52 had some "extra" issues, such as #0, #23.1, #23.2, etc. Batwoman had two #0s (yes, two #0s). Some hapless intern is gonna make a mistake and get the math wrong. Marvel got this unpleasant surprise when they re-numbered some of their titles and then had to publish a statement acknowledging that they messed up.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...ll-gets-wrong/
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:50 PM   #13
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I just got my comics from about 1.5 months ago. X-Men does not include legacy numbers! Only on the major titles (e.g. XMen, Uncanny) though. It has the #1/2/3 for it being the new launch and then legacy number underneath.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 05:56 PM   #14
Gothamite
Phoenix

At least 36 covers for WW 750: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...der-woman-750/
Old 01-03-2020, 06:07 PM   #15
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
So many beautiful covers. Definitely getting a few of them.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:12 PM   #16
Gothamite
Phoenix

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...review-1271697

Quote:
Perhaps more important, “A Brave New World” hints at a new beginning for the DC universe, and the new DC Timeline as teased at New York Comic Con. The story reveals Diana’s debut in “Man’s World” — in 1939, ahead of the U.S. entering the Second World War — and teases the impact that she had as the first superhero in DC’s mythology, including a cameo by a railroad engineer with a very special ring….

(DC Bombshells fans in particular: there’s specific reason to check out the issue.)
Old 01-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #17
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
The problem with going back to "legacy" numbering for some titles is that New 52 had some "extra" issues, such as #0, #23.1, #23.2, etc. Batwoman had two #0s (yes, two #0s). Some hapless intern is gonna make a mistake and get the math wrong. Marvel got this unpleasant surprise when they re-numbered some of their titles and then had to publish a statement acknowledging that they messed up.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...ll-gets-wrong/
I didn’t read the article yet but I already know Marvel’s numbers are all jacked up. Numbers mean nothing for Marvel anymore.

Miles Morales: Spider-Man had issue #250 a few months ago...apparently to get to 250 issues for Miles they counted the 2 Ultimate Spider-Man runs starring Peter Parker (which I get it, still Spider-Man, but Peter is a completely different character), the 2 Miles Ultimate Comic’s runs, plus a few mini series, and Miles’ 2 616 runs, but conveniently left out other minis. So they’re counting comics starring a different character and crossing 2 different realities. Should’ve just counted comics that Miles starred in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I just got my comics from about 1.5 months ago. X-Men does not include legacy numbers! Only on the major titles (e.g. XMen, Uncanny) though. It has the #1/2/3 for it being the new launch and then legacy number underneath.
Yes, X-Men...smh

The current “X-Men” comic under Hickman uses “Uncanny X-Men’s” Legacy numbering despite the fact that “X-Men” has maintained its own separate volumes and numbering scheme since 1991. The numbering is all jacked up now as this new volume of “X-Men” counts toward “Uncanny X-Men”...but what about when there’s an inevitable “X-Men” and “Uncanny X-Men” at the same time again? Who knows how Marvel will skew their numbers.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:03 PM   #18
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Didn’t know they were going full on DCU with the ancient Wonder Woman that was always weird to me in the movies and here we are with old Wonder Woman in the comics.

Will be retconned eventually anyway.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote