Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-11-2019, 10:17 PM   #561
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I forget which statues, but I’ve seen posts on the Facebook group that some collectors from Sideshow are still receiving replacements for certain Prime 1 pieces.

Actually I think there was one for a Huntress. A replacement arm and cape was approved for replacement from Sideshow supposedly.

Sigh of relief. I ordered the 1/3 scale Poison Ivy. Crossing fingers that if there is any issues with mine, they will have replacement parts.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:32 PM   #562
bluegold
Doh!

Sad to read about the broken pieces.

My Huntress arrived with a broken piece on her foot. SS is supposed to send a new body.

I hope for the best.
bluegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #563
French Cancan
Deadman

13 statues in around two years and zero problem. I thought the God of the gentle collectors was looking out for me, but this time, he clearly had something else to do. Huntress n°134 arrived with one of the tips of her mask broken, a broken arrow, a broken tip of a strand of hair, and ice on the cake, a painter forgot to paint the part of the suit on her left arm, which part has the color of the skin.
Of course, I sent requests to Sideshow. We'll see.
If there is any problem with Ivy, I'll cancel all my other P1 orders made through Sideshow.
On the bright side, I "only" paid 86 € for taxes, when I was expecting around 200.
And that " incident" helped me to cancel an order. I was hesitating... But the message of my Battle Damage Huntress was clear I think.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:55 PM   #564
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
13 statues in around two years and zero problem. I thought the God of the gentle collectors was looking out for me, but this time, he clearly had something else to do. Huntress n°134 arrived with one of the tips of her mask broken, a broken arrow, a broken tip of a strand of hair, and ice on the cake, a painter forgot to paint the part of the suit on her left arm, which part has the color of the skin.
Of course, I sent requests to Sideshow. We'll see.
If there is any problem with Ivy, I'll cancel all my other P1 orders made through Sideshow.
On the bright side, I "only" paid 86 € for taxes, when I was expecting around 200.
And that " incident" helped me to cancel an order. I was hesitating... But the message of my Battle Damage Huntress was clear I think.
Wow, that's bad news.

I'm really starting to cool towards this hobby, and seeing stories like this is speeding up the process.

Poor quality, high prices, high shipping costs, long delays after pre order......all these points are making me wonder if it's really worth it.

There's probably 8 or 10 pieces I'm interested in, but, after that.....it may be time to call it a day.

Of those 8 or 10 pieces, one was P1 Huntress, another is P1 AK Catwoman.......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #565
AUTOBATJAZZ
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Oh, that hurts.
Return to Sender ?
No getting a replacement!
AUTOBATJAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:32 PM   #566
AUTOBATJAZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Oh man... sorry to hear that.
That ok I’m getting a replacement..
Old 11-13-2019, 07:37 PM   #567
AUTOBATJAZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Packing on mine was excellent so not sure how others broke unless it wasn't consistent in how much packing everyone had
My was packed excellent also I was shock when I open it up and part of her mask was missing and open up the plastic bag and see even the hair piece broken off.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:38 PM   #568
AUTOBATJAZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Are these broken Huntress pieces coming from Sideshow or direct from P1? If it is Sideshow, I take it no replacements are on hand?
Sideshow
Old 11-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #569
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOBATJAZZ View Post
My was packed excellent also I was shock when I open it up and part of her mask was missing and open up the plastic bag and see even the hair piece broken off.
The tips of the mask wasn't protected. I thought they were made in some kind of soft plastic to avoid breakage, but of course they weren't. A very thin and easily breakable hard plastic instead. Not a very good choice... and not very understandable.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:34 PM   #570
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Wow, that's bad news.

I'm really starting to cool towards this hobby, and seeing stories like this is speeding up the process.

Poor quality, high prices, high shipping costs, long delays after pre order......all these points are making me wonder if it's really worth it.

There's probably 8 or 10 pieces I'm interested in, but, after that.....it may be time to call it a day.

Of those 8 or 10 pieces, one was P1 Huntress, another is P1 AK Catwoman.......
This is my first disappointment as a collector, and I must admit, I don’t like it. I paid a lot for a disappointment.
I own about 80 old tin toys ( 60/70 years old, 90% mint in box), and none of them was a disappointment, but rather every time a pleasant Christmas gift. And that's how I imagine a hobby.
I’ve never played the lottery, and I don’t like the idea of a hobby becoming one.

I can survive. Despite all these issues, this Huntress is still a beautiful statue. But a new - and too close- disappointment could ring the end of my statuary desires. ( with an exception for Daenerys though... oh Mai Shiranui who apparently is on the road..., and Ivy too, so botanically beautiful... well, with a few exceptions, so...