Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-04-2019, 04:47 PM   #61
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Crap....I'm not sure if what I'm typing is a spoiler. So if you don't want to know what happens in Hox/PoX please don't read my comment

At least in the instance of X-Men they are pointless, but not. There has to be something that happens regarding the amount of times people become resurrected. That is the point I found interesting. It's as if very few people know that they are actually resurrected because Jean/Scott/Wolverine/Angel still very much took care with their lives and had fears of dying when they went to take out the Mother Mold.

What happens when more of the mutants learn of the resurrection process? Do they start to crack? Do they start to lose their minds?

Fallen Angels is the only book I don't have on my rotation. Didn't care enough for the characters. I'm also a little disappointed in the use of Storm, but I'm hoping if they start dealing with Wakanda that she will be prominent in smacking the crap outta Black Panther.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:15 PM   #62
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I am only purchasing X-Men, X-Force and Marauders. I am liking XX-Men and X-Force but Marauders I am not sure. I liked the 1st issue but the 2nd one left me cold. I will give it a few more issues.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:08 AM   #63
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Crap....I'm not sure if what I'm typing is a spoiler. So if you don't want to know what happens in Hox/PoX please don't read my comment

At least in the instance of X-Men they are pointless, but not. There has to be something that happens regarding the amount of times people become resurrected. That is the point I found interesting. It's as if very few people know that they are actually resurrected because Jean/Scott/Wolverine/Angel still very much took care with their lives and had fears of dying when they went to take out the Mother Mold.

What happens when more of the mutants learn of the resurrection process? Do they start to crack? Do they start to lose their minds?
Unless I’m misinterpreting, it seems like everybody is aware of the resurrection process and those who have been resurrected are aware they were dead and now they aren’t. For example, Shinobi didn’t remember how he died but remembers that he did die and now he’s alive again. For some reason Shinobi doesn’t remember how he died though whereas when Cyclops came back he immediately asked were they successful indicating he retained all of his memories up until death. It’s inconsistent.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:54 AM   #64
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Fallen Angels is the only book I don't have on my rotation. Didn't care enough for the characters. I'm also a little disappointed in the use of Storm, but I'm hoping if they start dealing with Wakanda that she will be prominent in smacking the crap outta Black Panther.
Long live Storm and BP together!

They fought in AvX VS so hopefully the writers wouldn’t do the same thing over again with them. I hope they write more intelligently and realize the rational characters they’re dealing with.

But have you checked out Black Panther’s previous and current volumes? Storm has done more in Black Panther than she’s done in the past 10 years of X-Men comics. She is a Krakoan council member so that’s significant, but BP has my new favorite Storm sequence, Storm taking out the Wakandan Empire fighter jet fleet:

Cant get that in an X-Men comic! But you can see her getting her ass kicked by Batroc smh.

The latest issue set up the Wakandan Empire War and Storm seems to be on the main team. For the time being this may be where we see more Storm, and Storm having a greater impact by being present.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:00 PM   #65
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I know you love Storm and T'Challa together. I don't. Never have enjoyed them as a couple. Friends, sure. Husband/Wife, not again.

I felt their entire romantic relationship was contrived and really did a solid disservice to Storm's history with the X-Men. The writers acted like she was nothing of note as an omega level mutant team leader, but was only destined to serve as T'Challa's wife and the Queen of Wakanda. Seen and not heard unless he or the country requires her power, or else just serve as stunning arm candy.

Ummmm no. 'Roro was kicking ass in New York with infrequent trips back to Africa. All the while have romantic relationships that were more meaningful and fleshed out than the one with T'Challa. I was annoyed and pissed when they first broke off her budding relationship with Logan just to have to be with T'Challa.

There were several lean years being a Storm fan. The Black Panther writers were also half-assed in using her when she was in those comics and she was in them more than the X-Men comics. Truthfully, I"m not sure if they know what to do with Storm these days, but I'm hoping they figure it out.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:36 PM   #66
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Demona, how you feel about Storm and Black Panther is how Feel about Jean and Wolverine. If they want to put them together in a What If or Age of Apocolypse story that is fine but there should never be anything more than a friendship between the two of them. This also applies to Scott and Emma. That seemed a bit forced to me and that Grant Morrison was just shaking things up and Marvel was letting him do whatever because they had Grant Morrison writing one of their titles. I just think that Scott and Jean have been through too much and that their relationship is too strong and developed for them not to be together.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 06:49 PM   #67
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Help me out please. I just bought the Trade that has all 12 issues of House/Powers of X. I've only read 3 issues so far, so if you can answer this, it might make it more enjoyable for me.

If Moria can reincarnate why does it reset the entire history and she pops back up in the past to live it again only to remember? I thought reincarnate meant she would be born again as time moves on. Am I wrong or she stuck in a ground hog dayish story line?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:52 PM   #68
Peedi
The Secret Six

I actually don’t mind that me and Demona completely disagree about Storm, it’s quite funny because we both love Storm but in different ways, but either way we can agree that Storm is an awesome character and agree or disagree it’s great to have somebody else here (among a few others here #stormriot) who enjoys her so much.

mmk123 I wholeheartedly agree. One thing that annoys me about comic writers is they constant need to dig up old crap for continuing narratives. In real life people have crushes that come and go and may or may not have been acted on, people have relationships that die, and very often some people can’t let go and have to learn how to but comic writers constantly go back to dead relationships. Wolverine and Jean is something that died to me like 15 years ago. Grant Morrison ended it perfectly for me and it felt like both characters really were moving on but writers want to keep recrossing it.

For that matter, Magneto and Rogue. That whole original Savage Land attraction thing was flirting at best, one cool cover, but purely situational and ended with Rogue hating Magneto for being a murderous warmonger. It was cool to see it explored in AoA but it had no place continuing in regular continuity.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:02 PM   #69
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Help me out please. I just bought the Trade that has all 12 issues of House/Powers of X. I've only read 3 issues so far, so if you can answer this, it might make it more enjoyable for me.

If Moria can reincarnate why does it reset the entire history and she pops back up in the past to live it again only to remember? I thought reincarnate meant she would be born again as time moves on. Am I wrong or she stuck in a ground hog dayish story line?
Her powers are more like a “reset”. Her actual power only activates upon her dying so she resets, going back to the moment she was conceived/first moment of life, but that power allows her to remember everything she experienced in her life. So it is kind of Groundhog Day-ish, the difference being instead of some mid-point in life like in them at movie, she goes all the way back to the beginning of her life and gets to keep her memories.

The very nature of her powers resets history back to what it was at the time of her conception/birth, but her actions are what continuously change history/the future $depending on how you look at it being the past or future). And her actions change depending on what she experienced in her last life. It’s a cool premise.

Also, it reminds me of Dan Slott’s explanation in She-Hulk for why characters do out of character things. He undid the whole Juggernaut/She-Hulk thing by explaining characters from a universe with no powers cross over into the 616 universe, and gain the abilities of and impersonate their 616 counterparts for fun, doing strange things before going back to their home universe. Moira can also be used to undo unfavorable parts of history...remember when that character...? Nope! It was in Moira’s past life. Lol.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:43 PM   #70
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I finished the book and I liked it more then Hickman's Avengers, that was a mess. But this was kind of a mess too. Very confusing with the 3 or 4 constant timelines with those set of characters. I liked a few things in the book, but I didn't care for most of it. Barely any X-Men in it, and the characterization????? Polaris all of a sudden became a cold heartless biatch and starts complaining about humans to Magento....

I really liked the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants part where Destiny was questioning Moira and Pyro torches her.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote