Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-29-2019, 01:57 PM   #3961
gomur
The Tick

That's a crappy move by SS. Part of the idea of jumping on Waitlist is that you're queued up in sequence. If I jumped on today, I shouldn't be given equal opportunity as someone who added themselves 3-6 months ago. And just "free for all" to see who pays fastest? Shameful and disrespectful.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 03:04 PM   #3962
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
That's a crappy move by SS. Part of the idea of jumping on Waitlist is that you're queued up in sequence. If I jumped on today, I shouldn't be given equal opportunity as someone who added themselves 3-6 months ago. And just "free for all" to see who pays fastest? Shameful and disrespectful.
I don’t like it either. Ssc needs to change it back to what it was before
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:13 PM   #3963
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Agreed - and if they need to speed up sales, just reduce the time window for folks to purchase. Not sure how long they gave in the past (thought it was a couple days)...just narrow it a bit to move the process along. But at least 24hrs.
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:42 PM   #3964
jeff0850
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Seems more like a way to get people to order sooner instead of waiting to get on the wait list day one.
This is more likely than not the reason.
jeff0850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:45 PM   #3965
jeff0850
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherfootdave View Post
Agreed - and if they need to speed up sales, just reduce the time window for folks to purchase. Not sure how long they gave in the past (thought it was a couple days)...just narrow it a bit to move the process along. But at least 24hrs.
It is not about speeding up sales after someone converts, it is about getting people to buy faster before it even goes to waitlist. With the waitlist becoming more of a lottery it forces people to buy before waitlist if they want to guarantee themselves the statue. This means faster deposit money and installment payments for Sideshow.
jeff0850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:02 PM   #3966
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
This just happened to me with the f4f varia samus. I was on the waitlist from ss, it converted and i had until tonight midnight to purchase it. Just went to go purchase now and it says I no longer can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoReasonCowboy View Post
So my waitlist converted on the Ex last night, but when I went to buy I received a message saying that the item couldn’t be purchased. I spoke with Sideshow, and was told that the reason I was having trouble was that the item had already been sold. The rep indicated that they have a new waitlist process, whereby Sideshow will send a conversion offer for a single item to multiple people on a first-come-first-served basis. If you click through first, item is yours. If you aren’t the first to purchase, however, they put you back on the waitlist at the very bottom.

I've bought a few items off of the waitlist over the years, and hadn't seen this before. Perhaps this has already been raised / is now common knowledge here, but I thought it might be worth sharing for the benefit of others waiting for a conversion-- act immediately, or effectively be taken off the list.
Yes so that's how I lost a item that converted. I went to buy it and it says no longer available. I called them and they only said it was not available anymore. So sad since I got on early. Now back on the wl again but after a week item is sold out completely.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:09 PM   #3967
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff0850 View Post
It is not about speeding up sales after someone converts, it is about getting people to buy faster before it even goes to waitlist. With the waitlist becoming more of a lottery it forces people to buy before waitlist if they want to guarantee themselves the statue. This means faster deposit money and installment payments for Sideshow.
If that was the case you would think they would tell people about it.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:01 AM   #3968
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff0850 View Post
That's great - I'm sure they'd love to sell every statue immediately, without resorting to wait lists in the first place. Time is money. But when an item doesn't sell out right away, and they DO establish a wait list, it's only fair that they give folks a reasonable opportunity to be apprised of their opportunity to purchase, in the order that they got on the list.
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:36 AM   #3969
ozboy
Birdman

If that is the case it's really unfair. I've been on the waitlist for the ex 2 days after it went there and I haven't been sent an offer yet. Offers shouldn't go to people after me that's ----ing ridiculous.
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:07 AM   #3970
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Yeah, it worked fine before.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote