Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Favorite Moments of Mass Effect - Spoilers from All Three Mass Effects.

Hahaha... I've never invested time into a game (let alone three of them) like I have with this series, so here's hoping they continue the series in some fashion, or release some great DLC for ME 3; a screenplay is being circulated in Hollywood, also, which would rock.

But.. yeah... 100 or so hours for the trilogy over the last 6 years (I'm assuming per character, per single playthrough), what was everyone's favorite moment(s), missions/zones/etc? I had three characters, played through the trilogy with one, probably not with the other two at anywhere near the same pace. I've never finished a game this big this quickly before. Anyways.. if anyone's game for saying what they enjoyed from each game, etc, go for it...

I've never put time into a game like I did with these, like I said, so I thought I'd share just a few things I loved about each of them. I honestly did have some "laugh out loud"/"holy sh!t that's big" moments, some yelling at ridiculous boss fight victories or powerful cinematics/musical scores, and I'm fairly positive that I teared up a couple times per game.. you get emotionally invested in the characters; it can't be avoided.

My friends only play Madden with me; none of them are into games "of length", so yeah.. you guys and vo people are my peers on this stuff.

I would have to say, for the first Mass Effect, my favorite moment was my FemShep's decision to let Ashley kill Wrex, and then decide to let Ashley get burned to a crisp. She basically just "had enough" of him, and blew a hole through him (if I recall correctly, I wanted him dead, but gave her permission since she had her rifle trained on him already).

My other favorite moment was the conversation you have with Sovereign on Virmire (wow.. talk about ominous); the assault on Sovereign was pretty cool, also.

Ilos was probably my favorite location.

My favorite scenario in Mass Effect 2 was probably the Thresher Maw fight you do with Grunt, or Kasumi's mission/area. I also loved Mordin singing Gilbert & Sullivan out of the blue.

Seeing the Migrant Fleet was awesome, and what about that freakin' Game Intro? Wow... utter brilliance! One of the best ever, I'd wager. The music tapering off as you drift off... haunting stuff.

Going to Jack's school was pretty eerie.

Oh yeah.. and "sex" with Morinth. That didn't turn out so well for Shepard.

Thane was a fantastic addition to the series, also. One of the coolest characters I've seen in video games, be it his look, his moral plight, his medical condition, his profession... they did so much right with him with so little said. Great stuff.

Mass Effect 3?

Spoilers below:

My favorite location (pre-dlc, since we have none yet past From the Ashes) is probably the Ardat Yakshi Monastery, and Garrus's homeworld. The Intro with Anderson was pretty crazy, but ME 2's still reigns supreme on that one.

Favorite moment is Tali/Legion's discussions on her homeworld, and what Legion does...

... and what Mordin does.

... and as off-the-wall as the ending was, it could have been worse. Having Shepard die was a beautiful way to end the series; sure, it'd be great for him/her to wander off with Garrus/Tali/Liara/Ashley/whomever, but the Legend of Shepard is far stronger than the person ever could be, since that character accomplished so much.

I wonder what will happen with the DLC; they've never "retroactively" changed completed content... so I wonder if we'll see further completion (unnecessary or otherwise) through the eyes of maybe Shep's romantic interest? No idea.

Anyways... anyone else?
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
MrYac
Hercules

still can't figure out how anybody could want Wrex dead, he's friggin awesome. anyway a few of my favorites are

Mordins song in ME2,

and his death in 3...which also includes him singing the song. i love that guy but he died doing what he knew was right. and even though i'd never do it the way he yells "I MADE A MISTAKE!" when you try and sabotage the cure is damn touching

curing the genopage in general, Wrex was my buddy so i loved being able to make things right with his people

uniting the quarrians and geth even if it did cost me Legion

Making Saren shoot himself in the head in ME1

Making the Illusive Man shoot himself in the head in ME2

pretty much any time Garrus talked, especilly his goodbye in london "i don't know how close your heaven is to turrian heaven, but if we both end up there lets meet up in the bar, first rounds on me"
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Only my Femshep killed him; my two Male Shepards bring him pretty much on almost every mission.

My Femshep's also the only playthrough that killed off Ashley.

But Wrex? Great character, and I LOVE his voice.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
MrYac
Hercules

he reminds me of John Goodman
Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Convincing Saren to shoot himself in the head was pretty brutal, also. Forgot about that.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
MrYac
Hercules

always love being able to talk myself out of a situation
Old 03-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
he reminds me of John Goodman
Nice.
I like how they introduce a bad-@ss looking Krogan in ME2, only to have him killed off and you get his experiment.

The alien races in the game were so diverse; great stuff.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #8
MrYac
Hercules

i'll also add just about every time Blasto is mentioned in any game on my list of favorites "enkindle this"
Old 03-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #9
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

ME1: Pretty much anything to do with Wrex or Saren. The epic conversation on the Normandy: "Wrex" ... "Shepard" ... "Wrex" ... "Shepard"

ME2: The whole game was amazing its hard to pick a "favourite moment". A few notables were the intro mission where Shepard "dies", reuniting with Garrus, Thane's loyalty mission/backstory with his son/backstory about how hes dying, Mordin's singing, and reuniting with Wrex (if you kept him alive). I always grin when I think of Wrex sitting on his throne and he first spots Shepard and all you hear it "SHEPARD!!" and the big Krogan smiles.
The Shadowbroker DLC was pretty badass as well.
The suicide mission was amazing.
The part where you play as joker was awesome...
The whole game was A++

ME3: ...I'll comment when I play it
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #10
Nyxs
The Avengers

ME1:
- Captain Kirrahe's epic speech.
- Blowing up Ashley on Virmire.

ME2
- Thane's loyalty mission (good cop, bad cop) scene and Thane's vanishing act.
- All of Mordin's inside Normandy conversations.
- Playing thru the Lair of the Shadow Broker.
- Every time Harbinger says "Assuming Control" which always cracked me up.
- Reading Grunt and Legion's dossiers aboard the Shadow Broker ship.
I'd say my most favorite part of ME2 was when the Normandy was flying away from the Collector base with this theme playing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsD2FjmLsw skip to 0:40 for epicness!

ME3 (Spoilers below)

- Mordin curing the genophage like a boss..
- Grunt taking on a ton of Ravagers.
- The massive space battle that goes on near the end.
- "Marauder Shields" trying to save us from the bad ending, well at least he tried for me anyway as I was a little bit disappointed, but I don't know about you guys if you liked it or not.
- Mission to Horizon.
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote