Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-24-2018, 04:10 PM   #401
pdenham
Teen Titans

it looked to me like her head was slightly tilted down, so I was hoping that would be enough to mask that area.

I wouldn't mind it being there, as long as I don't have to actually see it when I look at it. There may still be an angle (side to side, not up or down) where it's less visible too.

The only other option would be to epoxy it in place, putty the seam and repaint it. I have all the materials to do that (though not necessarily the skill set yet). The only problem after that is re-boxing it and modifying the styrofoam.

And the fact that I would have to make a definitive choice on which emblem to make permanent.

It's always something with this hobby.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:17 PM   #402
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
Can't hang with the ugly seam. Way too visible for my tastes & display options. Back it goes.
Is it just not sitting flush? I wonder if it should have a tighter fit so the seam isn't so noticeable.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:19 PM   #403
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
it looked to me like her head was slightly tilted down, so I was hoping that would be enough to mask that area.

I wouldn't mind it being there, as long as I don't have to actually see it when I look at it. There may still be an angle (side to side, not up or down) where it's less visible too.

The only other option would be to epoxy it in place, putty the seam and repaint it. I have all the materials to do that (though not necessarily the skill set yet). The only problem after that is re-boxing it and modifying the styrofoam.

And the fact that I would have to make a definitive choice on which emblem to make permanent.

It's always something with this hobby.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:35 PM   #404
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Is it just not sitting flush? I wonder if it should have a tighter fit so the seam isn't so noticeable.
If it were two black, or dark colored pieces joining together the shadow might blend in a little more and be less noticeable.

When it's a light color like flesh, forget it. It will never be a tight enough fit for it not to be a noticeable join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post

Unfortunately it might come down to that or nothing.

I really like the piece overall and would hate to have to kiss it goodbye over that aspect.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:36 PM   #405
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Double & triple checked....that's the best it would fit.

Quite a letdown as after a year long wait, WW & Superman are not an option for me any longer. Can't hang with the ugly neck seam on WW and the ill-fitting cape/ sloppy paint apps on SM.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #406
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
Double & triple checked....that's the best it would fit.

Quite a letdown as after a year long wait, WW & Superman are not an option for me any longer. Can't hang with the ugly neck seam on WW and the ill-fitting cape/ sloppy paint apps on SM.
That's unfortunate.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:05 PM   #407
Sandy32
Fantastic Four

I think it will look good eye level or below, exactly where I planned on displaying it any way. No worries here,
Sandy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:50 PM   #408
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Looks like somebody started a colombian necktie on her... That is surprisingly visible. Would have thought something like that would have been covered with a choker. I didn't particularly care about the swap out torso, but obviously even the non-exclusive people are going to be stuck with that. I wasn't planning on displaying this on a 7-foot high shelf but it definitely will limit where you can place it, this will be one you'll have to keep at, or below, eye level.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:04 PM   #409
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
That's where I thought the costume change would be, not the entire torso.
Same here. You'd think that would've been a cheaper/easier option.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #410
built2shred
Phoenix

This is a case where they should of just stuck with 1 torso and just had the head come attached so there would be no seam.. That said I think for must collectors it will be a non-issue as most will just display her at low to mid height and not put her on the tallest shelf...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote