Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

Quicksilver & the Scarlet Witch....As Inhumans?!?

There are some rumblings that this announcement might be made in both the new Avengers movie and the first couple of issues of the new UNCANNY AVENGERS relaunch (hence, the "No More Mutants" cover).

Now, usually I'm not big on this kind of reboot, but this one might be cool. Maybe having a mutant father and an Inhuman mother explains a lot....like the numerous power spikes and/or losses, Wanda's frequent inability to control her powers, etc.

We know very little about Magda....this could open up a lot of doors. And remember....when Luna was born, she was thought to be a full-fledged human, with no powers. Maybe the mix of mutant and Inhuman caused her powers to activate without the Terragen Mists, albeit at an odd age. Ditto Pietro and Wanda.

Like I said, I'm usually not big on these kinds of reboots.....but this one could prove interesting!
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

When I say the thread title I incorrectly assumed this was being done in the cinematic universe.

I find it interesting as an idea, but largely unnecessary in the comics. Likely it is being done due to a cinematic universe connection and their problem of licenses (X-Men / Fox).
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I think it's just out of necessity due to FOX owning the rights to the word "mutant". Plus will serve as a bridge to the Inhumans movie. Will be interesting to see if X-Men brings Scarlet Witch (and maybe even Polaris) into AoA. I'd be interested in seeing that as well as their 80s take on Quicksilver, which would hopefully be closer to the comic look by then.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:11 AM   #4
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Did you hear an interesting theory that went along with them being Inhumans about Spider-Man? Apparently there's a chance that Marvel can use Ultimate Spider-Man in their movies to some capacity. Theory is that Doc Strange will tap into an "alternate timeline" and bring Miles Morales over.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:06 AM   #5
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Did you hear an interesting theory that went along with them being Inhumans about Spider-Man? Apparently there's a chance that Marvel can use Ultimate Spider-Man in their movies to some capacity. Theory is that Doc Strange will tap into an "alternate timeline" and bring Miles Morales over.
If true, that's a pretty neat idea they've got at their disposal.. One with the potential to break the traditional mold on the big screen.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:52 PM   #6
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Yes and Sony would get to keep Peter and Marvel would finally get a version of Spider-Man
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #7
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

Looks like Marvel is moving in this direction, what with today's events in AXIS #7!
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #8
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Yes, between Axis, Agents of SHIELD, and Age of Ultron I think it's pretty clear Wanda and Pietro will end up being Inhumans rather than mutants.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #9
Jack8022
Daredevil

Not a bad way to sneak some mutant characters into the MCU.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote