Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #11
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedman View Post
Saul made you the best viking, (Kane) statue out there. He is truly one of the most talented sculptures on the forum. l am so jealous Darrin, congrats.
Thanks man. Hoping you will get to see him in person in a couple months or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
That looks awesome..great work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
Congrats, that looks really good.

Thanks guys. He should be here early next week.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #12
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

Awesome, Shiflett Viking is one of the Best out there!..... Congrats on bring him to life.
capchi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:01 AM   #13
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by capchi3 View Post
Awesome, Shiflett Viking is one of the Best out there!..... Congrats on bring him to life.
Thanks! He came in this morning and is up in his new home (where else?) the North wall (of my office). Forgive the horrible photography but trust me guys he looks great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1246.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	112180   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1247.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	112181   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1248.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	112182  
Old 03-13-2018, 03:39 AM   #14
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Love it Darrin...I really want to change the head placement on mines after seeing this, makes a huge difference.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:25 AM   #15
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Love it Darrin...I really want to change the head placement on mines after seeing this, makes a huge difference.
Thanks, I agree. His legs still seem a little oddly positioned but I really like this head lift better. Shedman is doing his own as well, but in a different way (cutting down the back side rather than building up the beard in front). Looking forward to seeing his as well as yours.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:48 AM   #16
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Thanks! He came in this morning and is up in his new home (where else?) the North wall (of my office). Forgive the horrible photography but trust me guys he looks great!

Not really into vikings but I'll admit this one looks good. Btw, you seem to have a lot of statues that you've had painted. Could you recommend me a few painters, I can't seem to find any.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:33 AM   #17
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

better call Saul
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #18
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
I know you have the skills to do it. One thing I would suggest if you are of like mind is to also turn the head a little more forward like it was in the original sculpt (see photos in my first post of original, unpainted sculpt). I love mine but Saul basically just lifted the head and left him looking slightly backward. I like the original head position best.

Quote:
better call Saul
If he can fit a person in Saul is among the best. He has had a lot of life issues pop up and he is also doing sculpting and producing now so he has very little painting time. He had my Viking for 14 months. He is great to work with, reasonable, and does killer work for sure. He has done 13 paint ups for me and I love them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Not really into vikings but I'll admit this one looks good. Btw, you seem to have a lot of statues that you've had painted. Could you recommend me a few painters, I can't seem to find any.
I have quite a few pro-paints for sure although a lot of them are kits that were not available as prepaints. I have used a lot of painters but it is getting harder and harder to find one. Many that I have used are hard to get anymore.

For my money David Fisher is the absolute gold standard and I would love to have something painted by him and have been trying for years but he doesn't really take commission work that I can tell. If he did it would cost in the thousands but he is the best and I would love to have something painted by him.

I already mentioned Saul as swamped, J Johnston has gotten out of commission painting as has Alex Castro. Jim Capone is awesome if you can get him, he only takes one kit at a time though and won't take anymore until he has the one he is working on done (which is actually kind of nice). Dan Nash (Shedman) does good work but as far as I know only paints for himself and me. Jennifer Lujan does stellar work but I haven't been able to get her to take anything in a while as she said she is way to busy with kids and life now. Hanna Myers did my ARH Barbarian and does incredible work and may do it for you but I know she is busy with Level 52. I have a couple things by Polyxeni Dalla but she lives in Greece so unless the stuff is already in Europe shipping costs would probably not make it worth it to use her. She is good but there are plenty of US painters that are just as good.

Depending on what you want done, some guys I have not used but do good work I'm told include John Allred, Clutch (don't know his real name but you can PM him here) and Vincente Torres. Warhead does great work too but I 'don't know if he paints for others. He might have additional names though if you PM him, he knows a lot of guys at the Clubhouse and might know which pro paint and have a recommendation.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:41 PM   #19
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I know you have the skills to do it. One thing I would suggest if you are of like mind is to also turn the head a little more forward like it was in the original sculpt (see photos in my first post of original, unpainted sculpt). I love mine but Saul basically just lifted the head and left him looking slightly backward. I like the original head position best.

If he can fit a person in Saul is among the best. He has had a lot of life issues pop up and he is also doing sculpting and producing now so he has very little painting time. He had my Viking for 14 months. He is great to work with, reasonable, and does killer work for sure. He has done 13 paint ups for me and I love them all.

I have quite a few pro-paints for sure although a lot of them are kits that were not available as prepaints. I have used a lot of painters but it is getting harder and harder to find one. Many that I have used are hard to get anymore.

For my money David Fisher is the absolute gold standard and I would love to have something painted by him and have been trying for years but he doesn't really take commission work that I can tell. If he did it would cost in the thousands but he is the best and I would love to have something painted by him.

I already mentioned Saul as swamped, J Johnston has gotten out of commission painting as has Alex Castro. Jim Capone is awesome if you can get him, he only takes one kit at a time though and won't take anymore until he has the one he is working on done (which is actually kind of nice). Dan Nash (Shedman) does good work but as far as I know only paints for himself and me. Jennifer Lujan does stellar work but I haven't been able to get her to take anything in a while as she said she is way to busy with kids and life now. Hanna Myers did my ARH Barbarian and does incredible work and may do it for you but I know she is busy with Level 52. I have a couple things by Polyxeni Dalla but she lives in Greece so unless the stuff is already in Europe shipping costs would probably not make it worth it to use her. She is good but there are plenty of US painters that are just as good.

Depending on what you want done, some guys I have not used but do good work I'm told include John Allred, Clutch (don't know his real name but you can PM him here) and Vincente Torres. Warhead does great work too but I 'don't know if he paints for others. He might have additional names though if you PM him, he knows a lot of guys at the Clubhouse and might know which pro paint and have a recommendation.
Thanks, appreciate all the Info. I'd better get busy calling around.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:51 PM   #20
Arkalogik
The Spirit

I do custom work if you can't find anyone! https://brittonsconcoctions.deviantart.com/gallery/
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote