Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 06-17-2018, 09:14 AM   #21
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
This is not a what’s better debate thread . Anyone that starts this will be reported.
Wow
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:02 PM   #22
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m tired of reading mines better than yours you know. Let’s just keep it on track I believe I got everyone’s attention
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:15 PM   #23
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This is just a friendly debate. No one is crapping on either one. They both look good just opinions from fellow collectors. That's what a forum is. If you don't like it move along. Don't paint yourself in a corner with this tattle tell nonsense.

Anyway, if I were offered the 2 options. I'd pick the white, sell em, buy the silver/gray and pocket a couple of hundred.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #24
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Are you really speaking to me? Go back to first and opening remark on thread. The member WANTS to buy a WHITE Moonknight by Bowen. He wanted guidance on price and possible lead to get one. It turned into a ---- show on which is better ? Who cares he wants white not everyone’s preference

So I made comment to end this stupid debate and maybe just maybe get this member his statue .

I’m a respected member here I contribute when I can . I’ll also do whatever I can to keep trolls from taking over very clear threads.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:32 AM   #25
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Are you really speaking to me? Go back to first and opening remark on thread. The member WANTS to buy a WHITE Moonknight by Bowen. He wanted guidance on price and possible lead to get one. It turned into a ---- show on which is better ? Who cares he wants white not everyone’s preference

So I made comment to end this stupid debate and maybe just maybe get this member his statue .

I’m a respected member here I contribute when I can . I’ll also do whatever I can to keep trolls from taking over very clear threads.
Thanks from the member who started the thread..
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:09 AM   #26
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
Thanks from the member who started the thread..
"Figuring out" a reasonable price isn't much of an achievable goal much past what was discussed early on and neither is "getting this member a statue".

But past the first few responses all that was mostly settled and the conversation changed to some mentioning which they liked best which is totally relevant to the original post since there is such a price difference between the 2 versions of the same statue.

Here's some more discussion on these very topics from nearly 10 years ago.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...t=89767&page=2

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...t=28487&page=2

You can look at the Retail Price, you can look at what others have paid on eBay or members paid who knows when in the past. You can also see what other "feel" they would pay for a statue or what they feel it is worth.

At the end of it though if you're looking to buy then the prices are dictated by the pool of whatever are available at that time. The high eBay prices are just sellers that aren't worried about selling unless it's for a high profit. Enough people may very well like it enough that those eBay prices are what will be for a while with a few exceptions once in a blue moon.

It's important to keep in mind that market value and supply and demand (ES) concepts kinda fall apart with these collectibles because that economics assumes selling and buying to occur where those values meet but that's not so with these things. While some may feel they wouldn't PAY MORE than $300-$400 that doesn't mean anyone would be willing to SELL for LESS than eBay prices.
For the example I have the #1 White Moon Knight. I would not pay over $400 for it BUT I would not take $600 for it either.

Don't take statues so seriously people. It ain't like the Bowen section is a hotbed of activity or that the discussion was getting out of hand, just some guys talking.

Usually threads like this are fishing expeditions either for a buyer or seller.
If you're looking for someone to sell you one at whatever you consider a reasonable price, that is what the adamantium section is for.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #27
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
"Figuring out" a reasonable price isn't much of an achievable goal much past what was discussed early on and neither is "getting this member a statue".

But past the first few responses all that was mostly settled and the conversation changed to some mentioning which they liked best which is totally relevant to the original post since there is such a price difference between the 2 versions of the same statue.

Here's some more discussion on these very topics from nearly 10 years ago.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...t=89767&page=2

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...t=28487&page=2

You can look at the Retail Price, you can look at what others have paid on eBay or members paid who knows when in the past. You can also see what other "feel" they would pay for a statue or what they feel it is worth.

At the end of it though if you're looking to buy then the prices are dictated by the pool of whatever are available at that time. The high eBay prices are just sellers that aren't worried about selling unless it's for a high profit. Enough people may very well like it enough that those eBay prices are what will be for a while with a few exceptions once in a blue moon.

It's important to keep in mind that market value and supply and demand (ES) concepts kinda fall apart with these collectibles because that economics assumes selling and buying to occur where those values meet but that's not so with these things. While some may feel they wouldn't PAY MORE than $300-$400 that doesn't mean anyone would be willing to SELL for LESS than eBay prices.
For the example I have the #1 White Moon Knight. I would not pay over $400 for it BUT I would not take $600 for it either.

Don't take statues so seriously people. It ain't like the Bowen section is a hotbed of activity or that the discussion was getting out of hand, just some guys talking.

Usually threads like this are fishing expeditions either for a buyer or seller.
If you're looking for someone to sell you one at whatever you consider a reasonable price, that is what the adamantium section is for.
Look I am NOT on a fishing expedition and dont like it even been implied that I might be. My question was quote "I am looking for a white bowen moon knight but trying to figure out a reasonable price for this statue. Any guidance from the board would be appreciated."

I am trying to determine what is a fair price is and thought we have MANY experts on these boards and would appreciate their advice. Now as you state just cause we think something is a fair price does not mean I can acquire one at that price. But at least while I am on fee bay or anywhere else I have an idea what we (this board)thinks is a fair price and I can use that to help dictate my purchasing strategy.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:38 PM   #28
qz33
Rescue

I understand. my response of using the thread as a WTB post comes mainly from Subby's implication of getting you a statue.

"Fair" and "reasonable" is very subjective, especially much past the original retail price, so the idea of an expert is a bit of a misnomer but I get what you are intending.

Looking at the work that went into production of the statue and the quality of the final result I'd say it's "worth" $200 compared to what all else $200 can buy TODAY.

Looking at how much it appeals to me and overall appearance I'd say it's "worth" about $300 max but as you indicated I might be coerced out of another $50 or so.

Looking at time and appreciation since release, my personal opinion, the preference of the 2 versions as indicated by the responses in this thread, and the prices on eBay I'd say it's "worth" $500 - $650.

But of course value all changes with time. I wouldn't suspect it would ever increase much past those eBay prices so those are likely a ceiling. Therefore a risk of depreciation is very real. I could imagine you could easily pay $500 -$600 for one now and next year or so they could be selling for $350-$450. But again as indicated above how much someone would pay for something and what they would sell something for are often different and sometimes vastly so.

And all this long exposition really just proves something: Things are usually worth what our guts tell us they are. I'd say your $300 - $400 as mentioned sounds pretty good to me.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:20 PM   #29
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I understand. my response of using the thread as a WTB post comes mainly from Subby's implication of getting you a statue.

"Fair" and "reasonable" is very subjective, especially much past the original retail price, so the idea of an expert is a bit of a misnomer but I get what you are intending.

Looking at the work that went into production of the statue and the quality of the final result I'd say it's "worth" $200 compared to what all else $200 can buy TODAY.

Looking at how much it appeals to me and overall appearance I'd say it's "worth" about $300 max but as you indicated I might be coerced out of another $50 or so.

Looking at time and appreciation since release, my personal opinion, the preference of the 2 versions as indicated by the responses in this thread, and the prices on eBay I'd say it's "worth" $500 - $650.

But of course value all changes with time. I wouldn't suspect it would ever increase much past those eBay prices so those are likely a ceiling. Therefore a risk of depreciation is very real. I could imagine you could easily pay $500 -$600 for one now and next year or so they could be selling for $350-$450. But again as indicated above how much someone would pay for something and what they would sell something for are often different and sometimes vastly so.

And all this long exposition really just proves something: Things are usually worth what our guts tell us they are. I'd say your $300 - $400 as mentioned sounds pretty good to me.
Very insightful post and your supposition is exactly what I was looking for. I understand its opinion but that we may be a the ceiling for the statue sounds about right to me also. We of course could be wrong. I feel I need to target 300-400 as my price point.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2018, 03:21 PM   #30
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

From watching Ebay auctions the white seems to get more money I think it’s a result of lower ES and being an exclusive. My two cents