Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #21
qz33
Doctor Doom

Chronicle is just a bit... strange.

They've made some great pieces but many would be great pieces have been plagued by production issues or baffling design choices.

Then there's their behavior on these forums. They take criticism quite personally and have had a rather antagonizing relationship with forum members.

Companies want closer interaction with their customers but when it isn't positive they want nothing to do with it in order to protect their brand.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:22 PM   #22
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
If you guys think Chronicle gets too much hate you must not spend too much time on the Sideshow board.. I'm not loyal to a particular company, unless you own stock in it why would anyone, I'm loyal to quality and I'll go with the company that produces the highest quality piece
It goes overboard sometimes there too, but there are others there who try to balance it and mods seem to monitor there more. Sideshow does deserve it more often than not though . They were the veteran gold standard company and much is expected from them, but they seem to be falling way behind. I pretty much stopped ordering anything from them (of their own design) 2 years ago.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:49 AM   #23
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

I can't wrap my head around the animosity directed toward Chronicle in this thread. As a JP fan I'm just happy to see another company get in on the Jurassic license. I've been waiting for this moment for 25 years, as probably a lot of you have. We have Mattel, Chronicle Collectibles, Iron Studios, and now Prime 1 producing a wide range of collectibles. I feel like I'm in a state of bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Honestly, what is with you ? You literally degrade Chronicle at every single chance.

We get it. You don't like Chronicle. Move on.
Agreed. It's getting ridiculous.

RE: the Sideshow board. Is that Sideshow Freaks? I was on there for a while but am not active there anymore. Wait to cliquey.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:26 AM   #24
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
I can't wrap my head around the animosity directed toward Chronicle in this thread. As a JP fan I'm just happy to see another company get in on the Jurassic license. I've been waiting for this moment for 25 years, as probably a lot of you have. We have Mattel, Chronicle Collectibles, Iron Studios, and now Prime 1 producing a wide range of collectibles. I feel like I'm in a state of bliss.

Agreed. It's getting ridiculous.

RE: the Sideshow board. Is that Sideshow Freaks? I was on there for a while but am not active there anymore. Wait to cliquey.

I'll tell you whats ridiculous, its Chronicle holding other companies to a standard they themselves don't even meet. Limiting distribution and claiming they are the gate keepers to other companies wanting to sell "high end collectibles". Trying to choke the license from other better and more well equipped companies so that they can have their cake. Its stupid, ether put effort into your products or get the hell out of the way. I've been waiting a long time to add JP stuff to the collection and would really be annoyed to see Chronicle trying to snuff out the competition or limit distribution because THEY cant keep up.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:03 AM   #25
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
It goes overboard sometimes there too, but there are others there who try to balance it and mods seem to monitor there more. Sideshow does deserve it more often than not though . They were the veteran gold standard company and much is expected from them, but they seem to be falling way behind. I pretty much stopped ordering anything from them (of their own design) 2 years ago.
You took the bait..I thought let me post about how much hate Sideshow gets to someone who thinks Chronicle is criticized too much and let's see if there defense is "yeah but sideshow deserves it" haha "boy I hate being right all the time."
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #26
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I'll tell you whats ridiculous, its Chronicle holding other companies to a standard they themselves don't even meet. Limiting distribution and claiming they are the gate keepers to other companies wanting to sell "high end collectibles". Trying to choke the license from other better and more well equipped companies so that they can have their cake. Its stupid, ether put effort into your products or get the hell out of the way. I've been waiting a long time to add JP stuff to the collection and would really be annoyed to see Chronicle trying to snuff out the competition or limit distribution because THEY cant keep up.

Chris
No matter how much they try, they won't. It will be a wasted effort on their part.

We always find a way.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #27
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

What I would love to see is licenses not being restricted to just one company. I understand the business side of it and it makes very good business sense but it's not so good for the consumer. For those people that play video games, you see this with EA and their hold onto the NFL license so that Madden is the only football game in town. With statues, I'd love to see companies like Prime 1, XM, Iron Studios, etc. have access to do 1/4 Marvel, DC, and Star Wars pieces without being restricted to certain regions or having to use another company's license. Then, in theory, it should bring on competition between the companies so each company would have to bring their A game to make the best product they possibly can if they want my money.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:56 AM   #28
SONICobra
Batman

that sounds like it would be an easy solution but in reality i think it might be a logistical nightmare. seems like that just has the potential for an even more flooded market at already ridiculous prices
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #29
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
No matter how much they try, they won't. It will be a wasted effort on their part.

We always find a way.

Oh of course...its just the arrogance in their FB videos and posts. They talk as if other companies have committed a crime if they even think about putting out licenced products on "their turff". Its like hey collectors, don't pay attention to the new shinny and better made collectible over there, you don't want that stuff. You want our cheaply made, over priced and poor QC product instead. In fact, we're going to make sure you buy ours instead because we took a bat to the competitions knees.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #30
qz33
Doctor Doom

As indicated earlier something about Chronicle's attitude is just off putting.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote