Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #221
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

If things weren't bad before for the club this season, it has gotten really ugly now. Yikes.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #222
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
If things weren't bad before for the club this season, it has gotten really ugly now. Yikes.
It seems like everything they are doing backfires on them. Season started off a little rough but the last few episodes have been really good I think. really want to see where this all ends up.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #223
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Something is a bit off for me with this season compared to the last few, at least so far. The only thing I'm finding real interesting is the Juice story arc so I think I miss the drama within the club itself. Plus some of the decisions being made just don't seem to make much sense at all. Not a big fan of all the misdirected aggression as a result of what Jax thinks happened to Tera. If the truth doesn't come out before the finale I will be very disappointed.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:04 PM   #224
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Something is a bit off for me with this season compared to the last few, at least so far. The only thing I'm finding real interesting is the Juice story arc so I think I miss the drama within the club itself. Plus some of the decisions being made just don't seem to make much sense at all. Not a big fan of all the misdirected aggression as a result of what Jax thinks happened to Tera. If the truth doesn't come out before the finale I will be very disappointed.
I'm feeling the same right now. This whole season basically takes everything accomplished in season 5 & 6 and throws it away. I'm not loving the direction they're going and I thought the whole Tara thing would have been fully revealed right now. It just seems right now that Jax is going to burn the world to the ground all based on the word of his mother who has been openly bs'ing multiple things throughout the whole show.

Jax has some blind rage going right now and I'd have thought he'd have used his brain a bit more by season 7. This is (IMO) the weakest this show has been yet. I just hope they can finish strong or it'll just be another letdown to a once great show.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #225
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I remember last season starting off pretty slow too, so I still have hope things will pick up. Not sure if I'd say this season is a series low yet. S3 with the whole off to Ireland tangent still holds that spot for me.

Another nitpick... seems there is little to no character development within the club this season. Each episode seems to focus on the action they're taking as a group and outside of Juice and Gemma (getting FAR too much screen time IMO) nothing about the individual character arcs or relationships has progressed. The other members of SAMCRO feel like little more than background dressing right now.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #226
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The other members of SAMCRO feel like little more than background dressing right now.
In relation to that, the only character who is sort of getting a story this year as well is Chibs. His 'romance' with Officer Jarry (or Jerry...however its spelt) is completely awkward. It goes from Chibs giving her money in 1 episode as a bribe to them getting freaky in the next episode. No story context beyond that.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:18 PM   #227
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah, it feels tacked on. I don't find her particularly interesting and their relationship has been poorly developed.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #228
PureInvasion

This season is just crawling along right now...at least they finally wrapped up that loose plot hole with the other club president (even though it was for nothing)

Poor Bobby though
Old 11-05-2014, 06:36 PM   #229
ParisDean

Bobby Munson's story not surprisingly came to an end this week.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #230
ParisDean

I knew last night's episode would end the way it did. It was only fair once Jax told Abel the truth, he in turn would tell Jax what he knew. And now that Jax knows too, these last three episodes should be what everyone has been waiting for all season.