Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-09-2020, 06:52 AM   #41
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
And one for size, she's HUGE!

If you look carefully, you'll see there's actually a rod holding up the Queen [positioned near the front of the body, near the egg that isn't opened].
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:00 AM   #42
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Well, with that rod holding the whole body, it is really underwhelming. LOL like Neca toy. Not 100 percent sure about the proportions, but at least they got the tail right and not like the SS joke amount of segments. Let´s see for better and more precise pictures.

Sad, that they use the crawling pose Warrior now as an side asset and not as a stand alone figure as shown for Alien Day last year. The pose is awesome, like the ArtFX a bit.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:14 AM   #43
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwholaughs View Post
Sad, that they use the crawling pose Warrior now as an side asset and not as a stand alone figure as shown for Alien Day last year. The pose is awesome, like the ArtFX a bit.
+1000

*Sigh*
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:23 AM   #44
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
+1000

*Sigh*
Yeah. Would have been so awesome as 1/3 scale twin piece to the awesome Warrior and next to the Dog Alien. Big miss here. The Queen is nice, but it just doesn´t do it for me as one needs a separate room for her.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:36 AM   #45
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The head was always supposed to be enormous. I can't remember where I got these measurements but I've always thought the queen was 14-feet-tall with a 9-foot-long crown. I think that's what is said in one of the commentaries/documentaries that came with the anthology or quadrilogy.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:54 AM   #46
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Off topic, Prime 1 is only based in Japan. The owners and who run it are Malaysian/Chinese dudes. Doesn’t really make sense why they pose as Japanese lol.
Back on topic, I was just in Japan visiting family. My uncles house which is considered a bigger home in Japan is absolutely teeny compared to North American houses. I too, don’t understand why the enormous bases and not space conscious for Japan.
Oh I didn't know this, it makes a bit more sense now then. Bandai for example are a Japanese company that make superb model kits, but always in very small scales. We're crying out for them to make some in larger scales, but they seem hesitant to do so, the exact opposite of Prime 1.

I think Japanese products have a reputation for quality, plenty of companies do this, Superdry for example whom make clothing and advertise themselves as being Japanese when they aren't. They're a UK company and their Japanese logos don't even translate properly into any kind of functional Japanese phrases.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:56 AM   #47
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
If you look carefully, you'll see there's actually a rod holding up the Queen [positioned near the front of the body, near the egg that isn't opened].

I assumed this is just temporary as they often construct prototypes from different materials to the production run. But maybe it isn't, it would be a shame (and very distracting) If it did have a rod holding it up.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:37 AM   #48
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
I assumed this is just temporary as they often construct prototypes from different materials to the production run. But maybe it isn't, it would be a shame (and very distracting) If it did have a rod holding it up.
Yes, that might be right for a prototype. But hopefully they won´t use Vinyl like SS in the end
Old 02-09-2020, 09:07 AM   #49
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
It is quite possibly a temporary thing for the prototype, as i'm sure they'll make the production piece strong enough to stay upright, but then again, P1 included 2 transparent rods with the Jet Power Optimus Prime to hold up the 2 jet engines...…..
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:25 AM   #50
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
If someone is able to post pics of Sideshow's Alien Queen next to P1's, you'll see there's not that much difference between them, as both Queens have a similar pose, and the bases are virtually identical, except P1's base is bigger......
And SS's doesn't need or show a gaudy stability rod. At least Batman Hush's cape post goes with the base. I like this piece but between this ones base dimensions and Sauron's height I'm going to keep my SS Queen and deal with Sauron's thinner footprint.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote