Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-03-2021, 11:46 AM   #441
Joppula
Marshal Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
You complain too much, the statue was only $455 not including shipping and taxes. If you wanted 1/3 they would charge you over $1000 for the statue. Do you really want them to charge you $1000 for 1/3?

Personally, I think the statue is 1/4, Guys she isn't in her main costume, she pretty much naked beside the swim wear clothing, that is why she is small. I am sick tired of the thunder thighs we need to get back to the good old days where a woman thighs are well tone and not a male size tree trunks, that is just disgusting.
It’s advertised as 1/4. It should be 1/4.

Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the costume she is wearing, or the size of her muscles.

I’m not asking for 1/3.... But this is essentially a 1/5 Chun Li.

So yeah, she’s too small.

If they do a Battle Dress version I hope they print her LARGER than they did this one to account for shrinking in the casting process.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:27 PM   #442
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
You complain too much, the statue was only $455 not including shipping and taxes. If you wanted 1/3 they would charge you over $1000 for the statue. Do you really want them to charge you $1000 for 1/3?

Personally, I think the statue is 1/4, Guys she isn't in her main costume, she pretty much naked beside the swim wear clothing, that is why she is small. I am sick tired of the thunder thighs we need to get back to the good old days where a woman thighs are well tone and not a male size tree trunks, that is just disgusting.
Yeah man scale ≠ anatomy proportions.

For some reason when I buy a statue that says 1/4 scale I expect it to reasonably be in scale with... other 1/4 scaled pieces, especially from similar 1/4 scale lines of the same license from the same company.

Also when I buy a 1/3 advertised statue I DON"T expect to pay 1/4 prices so yes I would gladly pay 3K+ for a 1/3 Chun-li EVO set with this sculpt, pose, and proportions.
If I was wanting a thunder thighed Chun-li I'd be content with the previous PCS 1/3 releases.

And I "complain" however I see fit. Not going to be taking the happy shaft for any of these companies. POing a $455 statue that arrives looking like a mini Cooper among my other full size SUVs is not my idea of a fun way to waste money.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:27 PM   #443
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
It’s advertised as 1/4. It should be 1/4.

Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the costume she is wearing, or the size of her muscles.

I’m not asking for 1/3.... But this is essentially a 1/5 Chun Li.

So yeah, she’s too small.

If they do a Battle Dress version I hope they print her LARGER than they did this one to account for shrinking in the casting process.

Sideshow did give the dimension of the statue, so therefore, if you were not satisfy with the statue you should just not order it. I am sure there are plenty of people who would like to take your cancel order.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:31 PM   #444
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah man scale ≠ anatomy proportions.

For some reason when I buy a statue that says 1/4 scale I expect it to reasonably be in scale with... other 1/4 scaled pieces, especially from similar 1/4 scale lines of the same license from the same company.

Also when I buy a 1/3 advertised statue I DON"T expect to pay 1/4 prices so yes I would gladly pay 3K+ for a 1/3 Chun-li EVO set with this sculpt, pose, and proportions.
If I was wanting a thunder thighed Chun-li I'd be content with the previous PCS 1/3 releases.

And I "complain" however I see fit. Not going to be taking the happy shaft for any of these companies. POing a $455 statue that arrives looking like a mini Cooper among my other full size SUVs is not my idea of a fun way to waste money.
From your complain, it just seems to me you want thunder thighs in all your Chun Li statue.

PCS already gave you the dimension before the statue even release. No point in complaining about the statue proportion when PCS already gave the dimension a year ago.

I mean if you don't like the statue just cancel your order and let some other who wants this sculpt to enjoy it.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:13 PM   #445
Joppula
Marshal Law

Quote:
Sideshow did give the dimension of the statue, so therefore, if you were not satisfy with the statue you should just not order it. I am sure there are plenty of people who would like to take your cancel order.

I did “just not order it”, because I don’t want her in a bathing suit.

I would order it in the battle dress, that’s why I’m asking for the print to be slightly larger so that it will be an appropriately sized 1/4 Chun Li.

The spokesman for PCS who posts on this site already confirmed she came out slightly under scale.

Which I appreciated the honesty, it was refreshing.

It’s a beautiful statue. I happen to think it’s very attractive and well executed. The Morrigan as well.

But the fact is, she’s undersized. The real question, why the hell does that bother you so much?

Are you the art director or something? In charge of QC?

Chill out.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:16 PM   #446
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Honestly speaking, if this statue bothers you guys then I highly recommend you send me your copy. I'll take it off your hands free of charge and liberate you of the issue once and for all. No need to thank me either. I'm just looking out for you.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:39 PM   #447
Joppula
Marshal Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Honestly speaking, if this statue bothers you guys then I highly recommend you send me your copy. I'll take it off your hands free of charge and liberate you of the issue once and for all. No need to thank me either. I'm just looking out for you.
You dog. I should just buy you one because of that Kinnikuman profile picture.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:15 PM   #448
Y3E
Gen 13

I received both Chun Li and Morrigan versions today. Without comparing these staues to other 1/4 pieces, they are nice. However, the head on Morrigan is smaller than Chun Li.

I don't love these statues, especially spending $1400 plus when you factor exchange, duty, and taxes.

I like the straps PCS uses to strap the styrofoam together.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:32 PM   #449
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Thanks for the feedback. Odd that the head size would be different, but there's probably some reason for it. Maybe that is part of the reason why the Morrigan one looks underscaled.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:43 PM   #450
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I received both Chun Li and Morrigan versions today. Without comparing these staues to other 1/4 pieces, they are nice. However, the head on Morrigan is smaller than Chun Li.

I don't love these statues, especially spending $1400 plus when you factor exchange, duty, and taxes.

I like the straps PCS uses to strap the styrofoam together.
Some seriously contrasting correlations there to reach that final evaluation.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote