Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-30-2022, 06:13 PM   #401
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
DSC will likely price their 1:4 scale statues at $999 or higher. That's how much they want for their 1:4 scale Catwoman.

I would seriously consider it if the likeness and the quality of the sculpt are comparable to the one by Arnie Kim. Otherwise, it would be an easy pass.
The price for their 1/3 scale is far more reasonable, given that it’s only slightly more expensive.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 07:26 PM   #402
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
DSC will likely price their 1:4 scale statues at $999 or higher. That's how much they want for their 1:4 scale Catwoman.

I would seriously consider it if the likeness and the quality of the sculpt are comparable to the one by Arnie Kim. Otherwise, it would be an easy pass.
It might be nice but don't be expecting anywhere near that quality, for around 10 percent of the price
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:20 PM   #403
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
$902.88 if you order by the end of the year.
Still over-priced for what it is, IMO. It is not worth the amount of money.

I know the ES has a lot to do with it, but as a consumer and a collector it is not really my concern whether they are unable to increase the ES and lower the price of their statues or they are deliberately keeping a low ES in order to drive up the price. I just don't care. At the end of the day, I make my purchase decision based on the price tags they put on their statues. From I can see, I am just not interested to spend that much money on their statues. It is what it is, I suppose.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:24 PM   #404
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
The price for their 1/3 scale is far more reasonable, given that it?s only slightly more expensive.
Although they've claimed that the 1:3 scale statues are only for a limited quantity, I suspect their pricing strategy is to drive the potential buyers of the 1:4 scale piece to a more expensive, probably with higher profit margin, 1:3 scale statues.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:31 PM   #405
generalszabo

Quote:
Although they've claimed that the 1:3 scale statues are only for a limited quantity, I suspect their pricing strategy is to drive the potential buyers of the 1:4 scale piece to a more expensive, probably with higher profit margin, 1:3 scale statues.
Sadly that might be true, although the major selling point over p1 for me is that they're offering 1/4 scale. I would go with p1 at this stage, as ds's paint, texture and details are not close, and that's at proto stage so it might turn out worse
Old 12-01-2022, 04:32 PM   #406
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
It might be nice but don't be expecting anywhere near that quality, for around 10 percent of the price
We will see how close it will get or how far off it will be. The CR Superman by Arnie Kim is now my benchmark for all CR Superman statues to come. It is up to the manufacturers either to step up their games or losing customers.

Apart from the likeness and quality, hopefully the price of the CR Superman statue will be lower than what they charge for the Catwoman considering there won't be a second swappable headsculpt and no animal attached to the base.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:34 PM   #407
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Sadly that might be true, although the major selling point over p1 for me is that they're offering 1/4 scale. I would go with p1 at this stage, as ds's paint, texture and details are not close, and that's at proto stage so it might turn out worse
I would too if I went for the 1:3 scale one.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:40 PM   #408
generalszabo

Sorry I thought I was in another thread lol
Old 12-06-2022, 12:40 PM   #409
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

For all of us who were extremely disappointed with this piece....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyWD8QwXzXo
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 04:06 PM   #410
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

This is on Seconds already if anyone--probably everyone -- doesn't want to pay full price.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote