Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 12-20-2014, 03:52 AM   #291
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junofirst View Post
Just got mine from speculative fiction. One of the most outstanding statues I've ever owned. And double thumbs up to speculative fiction for their outstanding and exceptional customer service.
Glad yours got to you ok! Had a few that didn't make it in one piece :/
Old 12-22-2014, 12:58 AM   #292
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Hey fellow collectors. I just wanted to let you know that more of you should purchase directly from SpecFiction.

As a smaller lesser known distributor, I was honestly a little wary of ordering from them.

With such a low ES I was concerned that I'd get the statue at all. But I didn't have much of a choice since it was sold out everywhere else.

SpecFiction not only came through with the order, but offered me great communication throughout the entire process.

They even offered to work with me on my broken statue.

I'm really impressed with them and urge all collectors to check them out.

Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #293
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Hey fellow collectors. I just wanted to let you know that more of you should purchase directly from SpecFiction.

As a smaller lesser known distributor, I was honestly a little wary of ordering from them.

With such a low ES I was concerned that I'd get the statue at all. But I didn't have much of a choice since it was sold out everywhere else.

SpecFiction not only came through with the order, but offered me great communication throughout the entire process.

They even offered to work with me on my broken statue.

I'm really impressed with them and urge all collectors to check them out.

I would love to support SpecFiction, but recently their prices are not as competitive as BBTS. I have bought Black Widow and Artemisia from SpecFiction, because of the price. It was cheaper than most online stores by 30 to 80 dollars. Recently, the difference is $5 (The most)...then SpecFiction's shipping to my area is about 5+ dollars more...which will cost more to me overall. As a collector, I will only buy from whoever can give me the best deal.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #294
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
I would love to support SpecFiction, but recently their prices are not as competitive as BBTS. I have bought Black Widow and Artemisia from SpecFiction, because of the price. It was cheaper than most online stores by 30 to 80 dollars. Recently, the difference is $5 (The most)...then SpecFiction's shipping to my area is about 5+ dollars more...which will cost more to me overall. As a collector, I will only buy from whoever can give me the best deal.
Always good to go for the best deal of course.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #295
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Hey RM,

I'm always willing to work out prices with my customers, especially those who have purchased from me in the past. Please keep that in mind and don't hesitate to contact me if you want to work something out.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:46 PM   #296
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Gentle Giant did such a great job capturing Eva Green's likeness. I'd love it if they released a 1/4 scale statue of her as Miss Ives from Penny Dreadful.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #297
ronskimomo
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I just wish I could have gotten a non-damaged one. I had one in hand with chipped lips and smudge marks on the face. I guess I should have kept it... I ordered another through Jawdroppingcollectibles.com. They did not fill my order (as I expected), but it was worth a shot. I also bid on one on eBay. When I asked the seller to open it, she had broken hair and crossed eyes. For those few that got a good one, congratulations. They had major quality control issues on this statue. Dang.
ronskimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #298
zxplee
Fantastic Four

Broken hair also

Got mine today and It too had broken hair above right shoulder by the back guard pad, but it was a small break.Fixed with some 2 part epoxy and some dull coat sray. Cant tell it was broken now.Love the piece.Anyone else looking for one you can go to http://popcultcha.com/ they still have a few. $aud money exchange rate makes them cheaper than on ebay at the moment.[url]http://www.popcultcha.com.au/300-rise-of-an-empire-artemisia-18-statue.html . Sold out as of the 12th 2015
zxplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:09 PM   #299
Junofirst
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxplee View Post
Got mine today and It too had broken hair above right shoulder by the back guard pad, but it was a small break.Fixed with some 2 part epoxy and some dull coat sray. Cant tell it was broken now.Love the piece.Anyone else looking for one you can go to http://popcultcha.com/ they still have a few. $aud money exchange rate makes them cheaper than on ebay at the moment.[url]http://www.popcultcha.com.au/300-rise-of-an-empire-artemisia-18-statue.html
if I'm ordering from overseas, I always ask the supplier to check the statue before sending-just to be safe. Seems to be working for me. The example I got was flawless.
Junofirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:01 AM   #300
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronskimomo View Post
I just wish I could have gotten a non-damaged one. I had one in hand with chipped lips and smudge marks on the face. I guess I should have kept it... I ordered another through Jawdroppingcollectibles.com. They did not fill my order (as I expected), but it was worth a shot. I also bid on one on eBay. When I asked the seller to open it, she had broken hair and crossed eyes. For those few that got a good one, congratulations. They had major quality control issues on this statue. Dang.
I ordered 2, one for me one for my friend, one is perfect, the other one have a broken tip on 1 of the spike on her spine, the broken tip is not in the box so it was broken when it was packed. My friend didn't want it, but I kept it anyways that's how much I like her hehe.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote