Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 08-23-2015, 03:50 PM   #281
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Check to see if there is an "out" status and "IR" status. Maybe that's the problem since it's not confirmed though all say it's torn ACL. If not, General can check settings option or ask Yahoo.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #282
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Totes says "Out" but I forgot I might have to wait till the Packers slap IR next to his name.

Which would suck big time. It makes it nearly impossible to fix your roster quickly.

General -- did you drop Benjamin or could you put him on IR?

Oh and to make it worse -- Jordy is on the "can't cut list"
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:31 PM   #283
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Totes says "Out" but I forgot I might have to wait till the Packers slap IR next to his name.

Which would suck big time. It makes it nearly impossible to fix your roster quickly.

General -- did you drop Benjamin or could you put him on IR?

Oh and to make it worse -- Jordy is on the "can't cut list"
They'll update it soon. I was able to drop Benjamin pretty quick. I just checked and we have 2 IR slots. I'll drop him for you worse comes to worse.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:39 PM   #284
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I feel your pain. I own Jordy in my other league.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:27 PM   #285
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Thanks!

Can I put in dibs on my replacement for him?
Old 08-24-2015, 12:20 AM   #286
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

The bright side is that nobody is really going to change their roster at this point since that would've been done the previous week. Only change you'll see is an RB2 to RB1 and that'll get snagged. During season, you'd probably have to fight the wire. There's a few good WR out there. No Jordy but close enough. I'm actually watching a couple but at this point for me it's just a gamble either way (who I drop vs who I pick up)
Old 08-24-2015, 10:06 PM   #287
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Told ya I was "just waiting"

Jordy.

MotherF'er.
And that effects Rodgers too, there goes my no 1 pick. It's funny that a Vikings fan and Bears fan are upset about a packer...we should cheering lol
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #288
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Rodgers could make a shopping cart a great WR, so this Vikes fans knows her position in NFC North pecking order -- better than the Bears and Lions but lower than the Packers.

However, I am still optimistic about the season (real) given the return of AP. A full, fresh year without getting crushed by lineman and Bridgewater shows some skills with mediocre WRs....

I'm just saying if the NFC South blows (like last year) and the East stay shaky, my boys might be looking at a playoff spot. Talk to me after week 4 and I will have my feelings locked in

Now about this broken fantasy team.....
Old 08-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #289
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Rodgers could make a shopping cart a great WR, so this Vikes fans knows her position in NFC North pecking order -- better than the Bears and Lions but lower than the Packers.

However, I am still optimistic about the season (real) given the return of AP. A full, fresh year without getting crushed by lineman and Bridgewater shows some skills with mediocre WRs....

I'm just saying if the NFC South blows (like last year) and the East stay shaky, my boys might be looking at a playoff spot. Talk to me after week 4 and I will have my feelings locked in

Now about this broken fantasy team.....
Same here. What a mess. We're gonna have an all out waiver wire war.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:52 PM   #290
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

General, I've read the posts about "early draft woes". Dude, you did what you had to do to keep the league going. Personally, there is and was no way I would miss my classes for a fantasy football draft. I think the same goes for those having work conflicts. So, it is what it is and we live with it.
We all get screwed in different years. If it's preseason or week 1, we have to live with it. Yes, it's better to avoid preseason injuries but it is also better having the same teams playing or just having a league to play in. Unless we have a waiting list of 5 peeps to jump in, I'm sure next year we will have to work around members schedule again and we will live with it.
You've spent a lot of time getting this together and trying to make everyone happy. Great job and better you doing it than me! I'm sure comments are just frustration. I made plenty of them the last 2 years since the football Gods seemed to want to watch me fail after winning the championship.